Backstage Update on Mick Foley & The 2012 WWE Hall of Fame

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brooklyn

Jobber
Reaction score
Mick Foley is not on WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's list for the 2012 Hall of Fame, although that could change depending on who else is going to be inducted.

"The writers got to pitch their choices for the Hall of Fame, and Vince seems to have several people in mind already this year," a key WWE insider told WrestleZone exclusively earlier today, "Mick Foley is not high on Vince's list for 2012."

We were told, "if some of Vince's other ideas don't pan out, Foley might be added on, but he won't be the main attraction for the Hall of Fame this year no matter what. Vince brought Foley back into the company because he was impressed with Foley's commitment to charity work, but as you've seen on TV, Vince has a lower opinion of Foley as every day goes by. It was the same when Vince made sure JR (Jim Ross) got re-hired. The moment JR signed the new contract, Vince regretted keeping him. It's like Vince just wants to lock these guys up so they can't play with others, and it's always Vince who accuses other people of not playing well with others."

More on Foley and the WWE Hall of Fame as this story continues to unfold.

Credits to WrestleZone ^_^

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Im kinda glad foley isn't going in yet he needs to headline a class not be a secondary attraction wonder if rock will go in this year? Its essentially his mania.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
In any other case id agree but its the rock an absolute icon of this industry. Plus they may not get a better opourtunity than in his home city and his first 1 on 1 in 8 years. I can't think of a better scenario tbh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I suppose so, but I mean everything this year is more likely going to upstage the next wrestlemania. I'd wait until the next HOF after this one coming to induct him tbh.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I dunno, isn't it sort of rushing things lol. He comes back, instantly guest host then next mania he's competing and gets HOF place?

Might be rushing, but very fitting. And he certainly deserves it, don't you think?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Oh definitely, the guy's an icon. Any guy who could compete with Stone Cold and Hogan for the best ever deserves to be in the HoF. Is Stone Cold in it yet though? If not, might be wise to put him in this year, then Rock next year? Both of them deserve it. Don't mind either way to be honest.

Edit: Been informed Austin's already in it. Thanks Le ;).