Backstage Tension Between Vince & Michael Hayes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
The PWTorch.com Newsletter reports that Vince McMahon lashed out at lead SmackDown writer Michael Hayes last week at the tapings. Hayes made a last minute pitch to feature a multi-brand match on the 500th episode of the show to create some buzz for WWE’s #2 show. Vince snapped at him and made it clear that he should be more concerned with WrestleMania 25 than the 500th episode of SmackDown.

Vince was said to be in a lousy mood in general at the SmackDown tapings, and was especially upset over the decline in the show’s ratings lately. As we’ve noted before, the 1.9 that the show pulled really fired him up.

Hayes is still slated to take his annual post-WrestleMania vacation, and several observers believe he needs it to recharge his batteries. However, more than one source is questioning whether Hayes will actually take his scheduled vacation at a time where his relationship with Vince is so strained.

Hayes is one of his best writers. This tension will pass soon.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I still don't know how Michael Hayes has any creativeness in his body. It's like Lance Hoyt opening up his own wrestling training academy. I guess it's all in who you know.

MikeRaw

Vince: "P.S", I hate you.

Really though, SD hasn't interested me much at all lately. The interesting stuff, such as the Edge/cena/Show feud, is good, but it's not too hard to book that stuff, considering the Raw writers would have alot of input on it to. All the stuff that is strictly Smackdown has been pretty shit lately.

Montana

FINALLY!

SD's storylines have sucked for the longest. Cena vs. Big Show vs Edge could be the final straw for the freebird. Can't say i'd be too mad to see him go. As i've said before, anyone can make matches.

PeepShow

This isn't an Cena/Edge feud. The Cena/Edge feuds were good. This is more of a love soap opera between Big Show and Edge with Cena just thrown in there because he's Cena. I believe I care to watch As The World Turns or Days Of Our Lives.

LKP

Id like to see edge as a face but the way he acts now. Same old edge just booked vs faces and may do a run over to end of ramps. I mean as a face i thought that kinda rocked. Id love to see a god face edge vs big show feud. Tell me is it that edge wrestled better as a face than he does a heel? I know hes had injuries since. I think edge went to raw away from hayes i think he could be better off.

Hometown Kid

FINALLY!

SD's storylines have sucked for the longest. Cena vs. Big Show vs Edge could be the final straw for the freebird. Can't say i'd be too mad to see him go. As i've said before, anyone can make matches.

This pretty much sums it up. Honestly, the entire writing team needs to be fired, not just Freebird. Maybe not ECW's writers but the Raw storylines haven't exactly set the world on fire either tbh. I don't think Hayes is solely to blame for crap storylines, as the team they have now have proven time and again that they're all but incapable of writing a good storyline for a feuds on a consistent basis.

Kizza

Maybe if the show was watchable/not incredibly boring/repetitive/shit then it might get ratings.

Airfixx

the Raw storylines haven't exactly set the world on fire either tbh.

You're having a fuckin' laugh aren't you????

Flairs retirement > HBK/Batista/Jericho > HBK/Jericho
HBK/JBL (with a hint of Cena)
Orton/Legacy v McMahons/HHH

Hell, even Y2J/Legends (until the time that they realised they didn't have a decent opponent for him at the end of it all) has been a good storyline.

Raw's storylines have been great!

What exactly is it that you want to see, H'Kid?

Hometown Kid

You're having a fuckin' laugh aren't you????

Flairs retirement > HBK/Batista/Jericho > HBK/Jericho
HBK/JBL (with a hint of Cena)
Orton/Legacy v McMahons/HHH

Hell, even Y2J/Legends (until the time that they realised they didn't have a decent opponent for him at the end of it all) has been a good storyline.

Raw's storylines have been great!

What exactly is it that you want to see, H'Kid?

I could go on and say that those storylines were the biggest pile of shit in years, (yeah, HBK is broke? >_>) And "I.E.D." :lmao

But i'll just leave it that even a die-hard defender of WWE could come up with 3 "good" (not counting Jericho because everything he's been in has been great aside from the legends stuff.) storylines in a year should tell you how much the writers suck ass. The Regal "lights out" storyline wasn't bad though, that still doesn't excuse 90% of the other garbage they put out.