Backstage reaction to Lesnar's WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

spikefist

Jobber
Reaction score
brock lesnar is back, lord tensai aka a-train is back, the rock may come back full time and john cena is going to turn heel according to what he said on the last raw episode (you know what i'm talking about if you've seen it). i'm starting to think that team johnny winning wasn't that bad, if it was for teddy long all of this would have never happened, or at least that's what i think.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree with Crayo but as I said I do get why they would be annoyed but as I also said they shouldn't be voicing these concerns they should be if anything working and trying harder so they can become the next big thing like the returning stars of Brock and Rock.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
A Cena heel turn would be a moment to remember, it's impossible, I can't just think of it as that, he's a damn "hero" and kids love him to death.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Censorious said:
His payback to the fans is his entertainment... he doesn't owe us a lifetime career in WWE because we helped make him a star. He made himself a star by getting us to like him, I don't see how it's hard to understand. "Without the fans, Brock Lesnar has no job", you're right. But without Brock, we have a stale product which isn't entertaining. That's his payback.

I doubt the wrestlers hate Brock, they apparently hate him being in the main event. If you're Vince McMahon and you have Brock Lesnar, one of the all time greats wanting to come back, will you say "No Brock, I don't want to have an extra 200,000 buys on the next PPV because superstars will be upset.", or will you say "Please come back, I want you to make me millions of dollars". The fact is, he's good for business. JR, Foley, Rock, Edge, HBK, HHH have all said the same, it's stupid that the wrestlers are hating on him, of course they'd be jealous but if they were good enough they'd be in that spot where Cena is.

Am I happy that WWE is in a state where former stars are ridiculously more over than current stars apart from Cena? Of course I'm not. If I had it my way, they'd be returning to a roster with new versions of Rock, new versions of Brock, new versions of Austins. But we don't, we have one superstar, and that's Cena., He's our Rock, he's our Austin. Why were those named above so famous? They had skill, but not only that, they went up against legends and won. They feuded with the best of the best, and won. I love the old guys coming back if they put over the new talent. You saw how pissed off I was that Rock went over Cena cleanly, that's not how it should go down. But because of the whoring Cena had, Orton had and HHH had, we have no other talent now who's credible enough to push WWE forward. We have exceptional stars in Miz, Ziggler, Rhodes etc, but if they're not going over big stars they'll stay where they are right now.

That... That was awesome. I'll like now, and owe a rep at a later date.

Still don't think Rock and Cena is the best example, but not getting into that again.

It pisses me off that so much of the young talent just get stuck on NXT and don't get any shot at all as the rest get fed to Cena/Orton/HHH and lose all credibility, and they need to be doing all they can to spotlight the young talent instead, but Brock coming back just made that spotlight a lot brighter. If he can come by for a year to work a feud with someone to get heat and continue to draw eyeballs, then have a heated feud with Punk to draw said eyeballs to Punk and put him over, and then go back to MMA, congratulations. WWE has the new babyface star they so desperately need right now. Thank you, Brock.

But again, look at Cody Rhodes. A guy the fans respect as a semi-legend (Rey) put Cody over at 27, just for them to follow it up with... nothing. He held his own in a feud with the overpushed-as-all-hell Orton, then they threw legends into the Rumble so Rhodes can go over them, and even let Booker T to feud with him. Why? So he can get fed to Big Show and shoved aside in favor of a guy who was a proven failure as WWE champion, and Rhodes is still stuck in the mid-card due to no fault of his own.

As for the Cena heel turn: Vince doesn't have the balls to do it.

Reactions: Crayo

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
KiaSport said:
Brock broke his promise, he broke his original contract with WWE. He left them high and dry when they needed him. After that he quit football, wrestling and he just quit MMA. They invited him back and gave him a very reduced schedule he didn't deserve.

Put yourself in their shoes. The Rock finished his contract and Brock didn't. U guys give him a hero's welcome and for what? He doesn't care about U or the fans. Those backstage know him personally and don't care 4 him.

Imagine if Seabs left and joined another forum. Suppose, he joined then he quit them and came back here. Imagine if Crayo gave him his spot back with perks too. On top of that Seabs had a history of being a jerk to new members.

Itz picture guys. I'll get off my soapbox. By the way, John landed really badly on the bump he took. Thank U Brock

wow that made lots of sense thanks

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's annoying that guys are complaining yet again but I can't help but think they have a valid point. Rock was different because he is one of the bigger stars in wrestling and was being brought back to have a dream match with Cena so people complaining was a bit silly. Brock, though, was an average draw in his time (what little time he was around) and even with all this publicity he has gotten while in the UFC, it's still to be determined how much money he will make for WWE this time around.

I also don't completely agree with saying that if talent is good enough, they'll get over and become a big star on their own. That's true to an extent, but it's also determined by how much WWE pushes you, which is really why soem guys are pissed off that past stars keep getting the limelight. And as I recall, Brock Lesnar got over back then because they were very intent on pushing him strongly as "The Next Big Thing" and having him destroy everyone, which is why he became WWE Champion in only a matter of months.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
That... That was awesome. I'll like now, and owe a rep at a later date.

Still don't think Rock and Cena is the best example, but not getting into that again.

It pisses me off that so much of the young talent just get stuck on NXT and don't get any shot at all as the rest get fed to Cena/Orton/HHH and lose all credibility, and they need to be doing all they can to spotlight the young talent instead, but Brock coming back just made that spotlight a lot brighter. If he can come by for a year to work a feud with someone to get heat and continue to draw eyeballs, then have a heated feud with Punk to draw said eyeballs to Punk and put him over, and then go back to MMA, congratulations. WWE has the new babyface star they so desperately need right now. Thank you, Brock.

But again, look at Cody Rhodes. A guy the fans respect as a semi-legend (Rey) put Cody over at 27, just for them to follow it up with... nothing. He held his own in a feud with the overpushed-as-all-hell Orton, then they threw legends into the Rumble so Rhodes can go over them, and even let Booker T to feud with him. Why? So he can get fed to Big Show and shoved aside in favor of a guy who was a proven failure as WWE champion, and Rhodes is still stuck in the mid-card due to no fault of his own.

As for the Cena heel turn: Vince doesn't have the balls to do it.

Nice post. Liked.

You nailed it on the head - consistency. Mark Henry went over Kane, Khali, Big Show and Randy Orton, and it worked. He had a ton of heat, he drew like no one has on SmackDown before and it was great, we had an amazing monster heel on our hands. Then he feuded with Big Show again, and Big Show destroyed all credibility Mark had left. Now they have to rebuild it. Again.

To be fair to Orton, he is putting people over, he's a very unselfish wrestler. Barrett, Christian, Rhodes, Henry and now Kane have all benefited from feuding with him so I don't get the current Orton hate (for that reason) that he gets.

KevinLockard23 said:
It's annoying that guys are complaining yet again but I can't help but think they have a valid point. Rock was different because he is one of the bigger stars in wrestling and was being brought back to have a dream match with Cena so people complaining was a bit silly. Brock, though, was an average draw in his time (what little time he was around) and even with all this publicity he has gotten while in the UFC, it's still to be determined how much money he will make for WWE this time around.

I also don't completely agree with saying that if talent is good enough, they'll get over and become a big star on their own. That's true to an extent, but it's also determined by how much WWE pushes you, which is really why soem guys are pissed off that past stars keep getting the limelight. And as I recall, Brock Lesnar got over back then because they were very intent on pushing him strongly as "The Next Big Thing" and having him destroy everyone, which is why he became WWE Champion in only a matter of months.

Brock became a megastar in UFC. He'll draw more now to WWE than Rock did. When he was on the card, there were hundreds of thousands of extra buys in UFC. He's also still very young and is in great shape, why would you not bring him back? Also, Dolph Ziggler. He has the skill and has received no push, in fact, he's received worse than nothing, he's received jobsville time and time again. But he will receive his push because he's made the most of the little opportunities he's had, he said that himself. That's what they need to do.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I realize this may b all about $ 2 some of U. Rocky finished his contract and fulfilled every promise and obligation 2 WWE B4 moving on with his life. He gave back 2 the WWE universe and is entitled 2 the perks he gets b/c he earned them.

Brock Lesnar quit after two years. He was given a private jet and superstar treatment even tho he was a jerk at autograph signings. Wrestling wasn't popular when Brock was there so this luv fest is disturbing at best.

All u guyz care about what he did in UFC, as if ppl buying those PPV's justifies everything he's ever done wrong. He's not a nice person, nor is he remorseful 4 running out on the WWE and the fans when they needed him.

Rocky is a genuine person from what I've heard and deserves all the success he's gotten and his given back every chance he gets. Brock cares about nobody but himself. Why people paid 2 see him get beat up in the MMA is confusing 2 me. Ugh

Reactions: Zamorakian

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KiaSport said:
I realize this may b all about $ 2 some of U. Rocky finished his contract and fulfilled every promise and obligation 2 WWE B4 moving on with his life. He gave back 2 the WWE universe and is entitled 2 the perks he gets b/c he earned them.

Brock Lesnar quit after two years. He was given a private jet and superstar treatment even tho he was a jerk at autograph signings. Wrestling wasn't popular when Brock was there so this luv fest is disturbing at best.

All u guyz care about what he did in UFC, as if ppl buying those PPV's justifies everything he's ever done wrong. He's not a nice person, nor is he remorseful 4 running out on the WWE and the fans when they needed him.

Rocky is a genuine person from what I've heard and deserves all the success he's gotten and his given back every chance he gets. Brock cares about nobody but himself. Why people paid 2 see him get beat up in the MMA is confusing 2 me. Ugh

Brock won the title in UFC so I don't see how people paid to see him lose, lol. He lost against the best in the business.

Rock quit and didn't do anything for WWE in years, just like Brock. Rock in interviews said "The Rock is dead" and openly said he wanted to get away from wrestling. Brock never commented on the WWE or said anything negative towards it, he's just a family man who hated travelling as much. UFC didn't require him to travel so it's a better job for him. He became a global star and now he's coming back with the perks he also deserves.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'll take a guess at this and say they are probably not too happy because they think Brock just came back and is automatically above them. They might think since Brock is back, they won't be as big as they were before he came.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Goldberg said:
I'll take a guess at this and say they are probably not too happy because they think Brock just came back and is automatically above them. They might think since Brock is back, they won't be as big as they were before he came.

When are you making all the rumors true :goldberg: ?