Backstage News on Why WWE Officials Are Very Happy with a NXT Newcomer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
eb8c46788e164875fbc3f577e691c770.jpg

- Word from within WWE is that merchandise sales for NXT star Kevin Owens are doing extremely well. Owens' first-ever WWE t-shirt first went on sale during the weekend of Takeover on December 11th.

WWE officials are very happy with how the former Kevin Steen has brought his fanbase with him to NXT, something a lot of NXT talents don't do.

Source

Nice to see Owens getting some love.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Awesome!

The very next NXT champion, right there, baybay! :woohoo:

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
eb8c46788e164875fbc3f577e691c770.jpg

- Word from within WWE is that merchandise sales for NXT star Kevin Owens are doing extremely well. Owens' first-ever WWE t-shirt first went on sale during the weekend of Takeover on December 11th.

WWE officials are very happy with how the former Kevin Steen has brought his fanbase with him to NXT, something a lot of NXT talents don't do.

Source

Nice to see Owens getting some love.

Hell yeah. I had only seen limited stuff of his prior, but I am familiar with some Steen vs El Generico from Final Battle a few years back? Epic epic match. Sadly El Generico retired, but Sami Zayn is here to have incredible matches with him. What a monster. What a FIGHTER!!! :)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd take it a step further: not only has he been able to bring his ROH/PWG/etc fanbase with him, after immediately turning heel he's been able to generate so much heat from even THAT fanbase.
For those of us not familiar with him but know the hype, Kevin's lived up to it and then some. Dude's been an absolute beast and it's been a lot of fun to watch, here's hoping it'll be that way for years to come. :yay:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I hope they go all the way w/ Steen. WWE WHC please