Backstage News on Why WWE Halted Alberto Del Rio’s Push & What It Had To Do With Paige

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just about everything that could have gone wrong with Alberto Del Rio’s second run with WWE seems to have, and his exit is shaping up to be the messiest part of the entire situation.

In discussing and offering confirmation that Del Rio notified WWE officials he was exercising an out clause in his contract, podcast host Mister Saint Laurent (a/k/a MSL) also provided details backing rumors that management disliked Del Rio’s romance with Paige.

On his MLW Radio Network podcast with legendary wrestler Kevin Sullivan, MSL & Sullivan, Saint Laurent alleged the couple was “harassed” by a WWE official and that Paige’s job was threatened if she didn’t end the relationship.

I do know that Mark Carrano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.

A lot of people speculated “is this why the company split them up in the draft?” and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.

MSL and the whole crew over at MLW are pretty well connected, particularly with Del Rio (they were the outlet which reported new details ofDel Rio and Paige’s incident in Las Vegas involving police and an ambulance from this past June), so there’s cause to give this report more credence — and scrutiny — than many other unsourced rumors which float around. But it is still a third-hand accounting.

Regardless, it’s now entered into a conversation which already included contentious divorce proceedings and Wellness Policy suspensions for both Del Rio and Paige — continuing this story’s reputation as one of the more scandalous in recent memory.

Smh. Is this what happens when you mix Mexicans and Brits?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Carrano must have tried to slide in Paiges DMs and she wasn't having any of it that's why this geek is butthurt. So many L's.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It's starting to sound more and more like WWE only suspended either of them for their relationship. I think Paige is going to step out first chance she gets.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's starting to sound more and more like WWE only suspended either of them for their relationship. I think Paige is going to step out first chance she gets.

Nah she can do better.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nah she can do better.
I'm not really sure what this means. The fact is WWE has been busting her ladies about one thing or another in her personal life since day one and she has never been too happy about it. Paige is going to leave at some point.

Drew

Reaction score
Wait...why is the wwe so worried about their relationship?

Do they really think Del Rio is a bad influence?

Love me some Paige, but that girl seems like she had some issues before he ever came around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm not really sure what this means. The fact is WWE has been busting her ladies about one thing or another in her personal life since day one and she has never been too happy about it. Paige is going to leave at some point.
You work there? Where you getting this inside knowledge?

MSL has about as much inside info as Keller.

He just gets a story from an indie guy from the performance centre and gossips like old ladies in a knitting circle.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:lmao at most recent "scandalous" events.....I'm sure Adam Rose and Hogan did worse.

MLW has always been hearsay and been busted multiple times for their rumour mill stories. They didn't even break Del Rios signing, only story they've ever broke was the New Japan exodus, you know, because two of those guys had a podcast on their network.

Shady shit to, good brothers tell them they wont be able to do their podcast, so they spill the beans.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You work there? Where you getting this inside knowledge?

MSL has about as much inside info as Keller.

He just gets a story from an indie guy from the performance centre and gossips like old ladies in a knitting circle.
I don't need to rely on this one source to know WWE hasn't been pleased with the relationship from the beginning. Reports about this have come from literally everywhere for the last few months and the fact they both got suspended and now Alberto Del Rio has officially quit have pretty much confirmed the reports. I get you like to be "skeptical" but at a certain point shit is just starring you in the face.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't need to rely on this one source to know WWE hasn't been pleased with the relationship from the beginning. Reports about this have come from literally everywhere for the last few months and the fact they both got suspended and now Alberto Del Rio has officially quit have pretty much confirmed the reports. I get you like to be "skeptical" but at a certain point shit is just starring you in the face.
Who wouldn't be pleased with company mingling? It never ends well and it fucks up the workplace.

Plus the fact, that this is clearly a midlife crisis relationship and who is going to be affected the most out this? The guy with brand new tats, new cars, ugly v neck tees, or the 20 year old who has shown a serious lack of maturity?

This relationship is screwing up all the money they have already invested in Paige, not to mention the rest of what could've been a long career.

Why do you think after Kelly Kelly, nobody under 21 were brought into the main roster?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Who wouldn't be pleased with company mingling? It never ends well and it fucks up the workplace.

Plus the fact, that this is clearly a midlife crisis relationship and who is going to be affected the most out this? The guy with brand new tats, new cars, ugly v neck tees, or the 20 year old who has shown a serious lack of maturity?

This relationship is screwing up all the money they have already invested in Paige, not to mention the rest of what could've been a long career.

Why do you think after Kelly Kelly, nobody under 21 were brought into the main roster?
Nobody was arguing whether or not WWE had the right to be upset with this relationship. All that was mentioned was they were and Paige isn't going to be pleased with them telling her what to do. At the end if the day superstars will be dating each other. They always have and always will. WWE even turned the Bella's dating life with two active WWE Superstars into reality television.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Difference between any of the other women on Total Divas and Paige was the fact that they werent bubbleheaded 20 year olds, who have shown nothing but immaturity.

That relationship is not going to end well, I was making jokes about her Instagram posts, her getting a relationship tattoo, I know these things.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Difference between any of the other women on Total Divas and Paige was the fact that they werent bubbleheaded 20 year olds, who have shown nothing but immaturity.

That relationship is not going to end well, I was making jokes about her Instagram posts, her getting a relationship tattoo, I know these things.
Again, no point was made one way or the other about how productive Paige's relationship with Del Rio is or was. Just the simple fact that this more than likely strain her relationship with WWE. Paige has been resentful in past about how tight a leash they put on her and this is only making it worse. Regardless of age superstars will make their own choices and there'll be consequences. It's life.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WWE need to put her on a leash lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED