Backstage News On The Booking Of Damage CTRL, Whether Sasha Banks Was Considered For The Group

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bayley is just days away from her WWE WrestleMania 40 title match against IYO SKY, her former Damage CTRL partner, who along with the other members of the group betrayed Bayley after her Royal Rumble win.

There were rumors about Sasha Banks possibly aiding Bayley, but that was never the initial plan for the group. According to Fightful Select,The breakup of Damage CTRL had been in the works for a while, dating back to when Charlotte Flair was still part of the equation. Originally, Charlotte was set to assist Bayley against Damage CTRL, but her injury changed things.

Mercedes Mone’s potential signing with WWE might have had some effect on plans, but it didn’t have a major impact on the creative direction.​
I dunno what to think about this one, I still feel like this year was going to be Charlotte/Bianca. Would still leave Sasha & Naomi to help out Bayley before Jade joins as the 3rd member.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It felt obvious to me they seemed to be pointing towards Mercedes making a return around December to January time, then they dialed it back before going back to the breakup

Reactions: Dale

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But I would agree it was never the full plans bc I think they just wanted to lay the foundation if she signed just like they did with Punk before ever contacting

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It felt obvious to me they seemed to be pointing towards Mercedes making a return around December to January time, then they dialed it back before going back to the breakup
Isn't it wild that she got two companies to tease her appareance n then it fell through ? First time 2 years ago with aew n then this angle. She drives a hard bargain

• Haha
Reactions: #Waddles and Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But I would agree it was never the full plans bc I think they just wanted to lay the foundation if she signed just like they did with Punk before ever contacting
I also remember the discourse when Nak was teasing ChAoS stuff

Reactions: #Waddles and Chris