Backstage news on Ryback/Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As seen at the end of Monday night’s RAW from Albany, WWE Champion CM Punk was confronted by Ryback after Punk attacked Mick Foley backstage.

This led to speculation that Ryback would be feuding with Punk but PWInsider reports that the staredown between the two was just a tease for fans, just something to think about for the future.

The plan is for John Cena to still wrestle Punk at next month’s Hell In a Cell pay-per-view. Speculation last night was that WWE did the Ryback vs. Punk tease as a back-up plan in case Cena can’t compete but that hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-ryback-cm-punks-encounter-raw-john-cenas-plans-hiac#ixzz27WzYouJX

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
so PWmania's source for this story is PWinsider?

lol, great source

Reactions: Roadster

calster33

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
yahoo.com
:bully: I DON'T KNOW-lol. It may be a teaser-but what I saw-the first thing that came to mind was "OH SHIT, RUN PUNK!RUN AS FAST YOU CAN!lol). RYBACK Had a look on his face that was PURE -E-V-I-L-, if I was Punk-the minute I saw that look-I'd be out of there in 2 seconds flat leaving nothing but a trail of boot dust behind me-lol.
THAT DUDE IS TRULY FRIGHTENING!lol, and don't tell me he's as harmless as a housefly-cause I know better!lol.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
didnt expect for them to be feuding any time soon. guess it's kind of like punk using the rock bottom :eww: :Haha:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well it's confusing when you have someone squash the IC champion, pretty much a world championship is the only thing they can go for after that point... it would be interesting if CM Punk won the feud, if they would do it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The GOAT Derpy said:
Well it's confusing when you have someone squash the IC champion, pretty much a world championship is the only thing they can go for after that point... it would be interesting if CM Punk won the feud, if they would do it.

lol @ pretending the IC Champ is one step below the world champs

It goes:

Taker
HHH
Cena
Random Part timers (Rock/Brock)
WWE Champion
HHH again
WHC
Orton
Dog shit
DZ
Jerry Lawler (even post heart attack)
More dog shit
Mid card champions

Reactions: Snowman1

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Here we go :facepalm:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
R'Albin said:
Already posted about this so won't bother again, but I would love it if they faced @ HIAC.

Link to your post? Even if you love Ryback I don't see how you could want that for him.

Ps it will not happen lol.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I'm willing to risk my left bollock that Ryback is not facing Punk at HiAC.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Link to your post? Even if you love Ryback I don't see how you could want that for him.

Ps it will not happen lol.

LINKKKK

R'Albin said:
Lmao.

Yeah, having Punk go over him in a half an hour long match would do the world of good for both guys. Ryback for me has been booked too strongly. It's getting to the point where he just seems too strong to be beaten by anyone and destroying a fairly credible guy like Miz in about 3-4 minutes is too much. Besides, it would get the whole awkward 'who's gonna beat the streak' thing out of the way, because if it keeps on going the way it is it's gonna get to the point where only one of the superfaces can look realistic beating him for it, and, that would make absolutely no sense and just look silly.

Besides, Punk/Ryback in Hell in a Cell would be awesome.

But yeah I know, Cena will 'miraculously' recover from his injury. To be honest the main reason I want it to happen is to stop this god awful way of his pushing him, it's so tedious.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
R'Albin said:
LINKKKK

But yeah I know, Cena will 'miraculously' recover from his injury. To be honest the main reason I want it to happen is to stop this god awful way of his pushing him, it's so tedious.

It is too much, too soon for Ryback. Any time you magically push a guy to the top it is almost destined to fail. You need logical build in the traditional sense of being booked properly to work your way up the ladder. There is a long list of performers who were talented as fuck but were pushed too hard too soon and wound up failing because of it. Ryback needs a steady push, not a leap to the top of the line.

As far as a 30 minute match... uh... am I the only one who sees a problem with that? We have no idea what a 10 minute Ryback match looks like, let alone 30. Again, this comes with the steady push.

I understand you are trying to compensate for the poor booking of the Miz/Ryback squash feud, but this is not the way to go about it. Throwing Ryback into a PPV ME would do much more harm than good for his future.