• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Backstage News On Build-Up To Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar At WrestleMania XXX

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
The general feeling among most behind-the-scenes in WWE is that Brock Lesnar should have been booked differently during the build up to his match with Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX. The basic feeling is that Lesnar should have come off as more of a threat to Undertaker and his streak.
Vince McMahon made the call originally to have Undertaker go the entire build-up to the match without being touched, although he ended up changing that plan on the “go-home” edition of RAW on Monday night, as we witnessed, with Lesnar giving Undertaker his F-5 finisher. Even then, however, the call was made to have Lesnar’s attack be a sneak attack from behind, with the announcers painting Lesnar as a coward.

Source: http://www.sescoops.com/backstage-news-build-undertaker-vs-brock-lesnar-wrestlemania-xxx/

Well this just prove my point!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I just hate that they never brought up their history together and how Lesnar has defeated Taker in every match they've had before (except for the double disqualification at Unforgiven 2002.) Heyman could have used this to cast further doubt on whether or not Undertaker can be confident enough that he can make it to 22-0, but that's a small point, I suppose. Annoying that they're fine referencing their past on WWE.com but not on TV, though.

All and all, the build wasn't really what people were looking forward with this one anyway. It's the match itself. Predictable as it is, it should be an awesome encounter, and Lesnar will make for a huge noteworthy name on the Streak.

Reactions: Tumbas' #1 Fan

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
What Lockard said plus I was expecting Heyman to be like.... Punk couldn't get the job done so I found someone who can. I don't know if they just didn't bring Punk up that much because he walked out but it would have made the build better. Plus, Lesnar looked so scared when they brought down the casket to the ring so that literally made me feel that Lesnar is weak lol

What's the point of him squashing Big Show if he's gonna look like a pussy leading up to Taker?

AfroBro

Jobber
Reaction score
No worries guys,.. TAKER will do what he does best, continue the streak.... I agree with you folks the build up should have been a little more interesting with PUNK not being able to get the job done, JOHN CENA will be the one to break the streak. Mark it down next year..

If I upset you don’t stress, cause I'm going to finish you. YEP!

rakat

Reaction score
I don't hate the build up. However, I am not all that enthused about it, either. If it was anyone but 'Taker involved in this, the match would be one of those bathroom break moments or whatever. Brock has not come across as that much of a threat or a challenge.

_GoatFace

Jobber
Reaction score
Brock should have been the one challenging Taker and bringing up the fact that whenever these two faced each other Brock won. Oh well i guess the match will still be great.

Xray

Jobber
Reaction score
Hard to get much of a buildup between 2 part timers. Everyone sees it for what it is, there is no grudge or even real rivalry, the draw is just 2 iconic names having a match.