• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Ok, after this week's ECW, I can honestly say, Fuck Finlay.

His character has always been boring, but never too dislikeable. However, somewhere in his lousy portraying of a face, of his association with Horny (worst character ever), I hate him, I just can't stand him. He's boring now, more than ever, stale, and having a bearded adult midget acting like a baby growling at the World Strongest Man doesn't help either.

It would be illogical to fire him, but sent him back to being a road agent. But at least get rid of fucking Hornswoggle

-TJ-

I agree, that Finlay was getting stale. And Horny isn't fun anymore. I think it's time to get rid of Horny and make Finlay a heel again.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I quite like Finlay actually. He is a good in ring competitor but I must admit, he is getting stale but his character is good. He is more of a tweener then a face but Hornswoggle should go. He seems out of place, especially when Finlay used to destroy the kids division but we are not meant to remember that.

So, Finlay should stay wrestling and keep the gimmick for a little bit longer. But then he has to change it.

Kizza

Fuck Finlay, Fuck Hornswoggle and fuck this bloody softy gimmick. Seriously, turn round and hit that little piece of shit. I hated Hornswoggle when he debuted, and I still hate him.

Finlay was best in 05-06ish, when feuding with Lashley and that. I marked when Lashley almost tipped that car on him. That was like awesomely cool.

I miss Lashley :(.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Finlay has Funaki jobber written all over him, he sucks to much for a push, but is hard working enough/loyal to keep his job for a long time. The only thing he is good for really is losing to other guys I enjoy watching.

MikeRaw

I like Finlay, but hate Hornswoggle.
Finlay is not stale when he's a badass brawler...
But I totally agree, it's this stuff with Hornswoggle that sucks.
However, I don't completey want him off tv. He could have a good heel turn, either by turning on Hornswoggle or both of them turning together, btu if he can turn heel, I don't mind him.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
haha how could you possibly have a heel hornswaggle? A heel hornswaggle might be as bad as a face JBL

noumenon

Finlay is anything but bad in the ring. But we went from I'm Finlay....and I love to fight.
To............I'm Finlay.....and I love midgets.

Drop hornswoggle. Turn him into a badass irishman brawling heel. Have him feud with Matt, because honestly Matt is sorely lacking any competition on ECW. Which I guess is why they're outsourcing him to Smackdown to play Kozlov's bitch to chase around for 12 minutes.

Dwes

Reaction score
Turn Finlay heel or put him in a tag team, Finlay has plenty of use to the WWE. The problem is they don't realize Hornswoggle is deadweight so Finlay is not being used to the best of his ability. What the WWE should do is make Finlay ECW top heel, he works best as a heel and it would've benefited the roster to to work with him and helped get some people over.

MattC13

Reaction score
I liked Hornswoggle when I first watched SD, owning that one guy. He eventually got less funny and crazy.

I agree with Dwes. It seems ECW lacks a good heel. It's always some giant guy (Show then Henry) with some face (Lashley then Hardy). ECW seems to kill talent anyways.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
lol @ the poor suckers who watch ecw.

Finlay needs to drop this whole irish crap and start wearing a suit and beating the shit out of people with a cane that he uses to walk or something. thatd be badass.

but as long as wrestling is for children that won'thappen so i won't waste my breath.

Travis40

lol @ the poor suckers who watch ecw.

Finlay needs to drop this whole irish crap and start wearing a suit and beating the shit out of people with a cane that he uses to walk or something. thatd be badass.

but as long as wrestling is for children that won'thappen so i won't waste my breath.

....so you're saying someone getting the shit beat of them with a cane isn't for children?

Wrestling for kids > Wrestling for people in their 30's

it's just smarter

The Shua

Reaction score
I'd keep Finlay around, because he's a good worker. But I do agree that getting rid of Hornswoggle is the way to go. Finlay desperately needs a heel turn.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
....so you're saying someone getting the shit beat of them with a cane isn't for children?

Wrestling for kids > Wrestling for people in their 30's

it's just smarter

What i'm saying the idiot who keeps singling me out is that right now Finlay is stuck in a comedy routine with Horny and that won't change anytime soon so what's the point in even discussing him? WWE tries to reach all demograpics of their wrestling community and they use finlay and Horny for the kids. And unless creative decides to be creative and find a way to reach the kids another way this is Finlay's career. Period.

IMO he would be a great enforcer for any faction and that's just plain obvious. But he's been stuck in this irish gimmick crap his entire wwe career and even before Horny he was the colorful Irish brute. There's a reason they're making a tough Son of a bitch wear colorful green and carry around a stupid ass weapon and it's not for the teenagers and above. Kids love violence

Ok since you're singling me out all the time can you at least make me look bad,

The Rated R CMStar

I have to admit the idea Colin said is actually pretty badass.