Backstage Heat on Former Champions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
WrestlingINC.com has learned exclusively that both Jack Swagger and Ted DiBiase are not on the best terms with WWE management these days. More on that shortly.

I'm curious to see what the reasoning behind this is if it is in fact true.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well the one about Swagger was reported a while back where they said he started to get a bit of an ego when he became champion, but since then has resolved that problem.

Ted I have no idea, but given the sheer amount of jobbing he's done, you'd figure something must be up.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm gonna say that they just simply got lost in the shuffle rather than have heat and just made a report out of this to try and explain it. Smackdown can be pretty inconsistent with their booking and Ted pretty much has fell slat on using his dad's gimmick.

dreamboy3000

Reaction score
Sounds like it was a quiet day for dirt sheets so they put up some crap to keep the hits coming to their sites.

Any of us could pick a couple of guys not being pushed and make up a story about them having heat.

Thing is there is only so much airtime so not everyone can be pushed at the same time.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It's not that Ted "sucks", Creative just haven't really given him anything he can work well with. Look at Cody: Ted shone far brighter than he did in Legacy, even to the point where i thought Cody would never be able to redeem any momentum and would be stuck in the undercards for years after Legacy disbanded. I never thought he would work as a heel on his own, but now that he has the "Dashing" gimmick he's found something that just works for him and is one of the best things on Smackdown.

As for Ted, he hasn't found that opportunity yet. Since Legacy he was given his father's gimmick which Creative automatically assumed would just work with him as well, which is just laziness on their part. Then he was with Maryse, who seemed more focused on simply getting herself over, not to mention that they just never had chemistry yet Ted was stuck with her for the better part of 2010 while his momentum continued to plummet.

I still have plenty of faith in Ted. However its going to take an awful lot of work for him to regain his credibility after Creatives incredible misshandling of him last year. And, as i mentioned, Creative need to give him something he can actually work with. Screw the Million Dollar Man gimmick and managers and shit. Just let him re-invent himself and let him rely on his own charisma to get himself over.

As for Swagger... Again, we know he's got the goods, but it seems pretty much everyone on Smackdown who isn't a veteran are just being treated horribly (even The Corre are losing momentum). The report just seems dodgy anyway as others have pointed out. Swagger sorted out his ego thing, but other than that i can't imagine what Jack and Ted have done to warrant heat.

It's been said many times and for a long time, but Creative need a big kick in the ass. It's as if Nexus are their only priority, and anyone else (bar a few exceptions) are losing momentum and not really going anywhere.

Kizza

Reaction score
no, ted's just crap. had a great chance to get big with legacy and just failed. no charisma and useless in the ring.

AF.

Reaction score
Swagger is crap too.