Backstage creative news

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

The Big Show's Status

The Big Show's current contract with WWE expires late this month. He was offered a renewal that was believed to be around the same amount he had on his previous contract (around a $1 million a year downside). However, he turned that down because he was burned out and hurting physically. It should also be noted that WWE offered Big Show a large amount of money to retain his intellectual property rights, meaning he couldn't wrestle anywhere else or get involved in any projects where his likeness was utilized, but that WWE would own the rights to his likeness. Well, he turned that down as well. While TNA isn't considered a likely option at this time, it is an option in the future if both sides were interested.

Credit:WZ

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Big Show in TNA I think wouldnt work, so I dont see Vince to worried about it. I see Show returning to WWE towards the end of this year, and going part time similar to Undertaker.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Personally, I think Big Show should kick back and enjoy life for a few years. Pull a Jericho and just do something else for a while. Make the fans salivate at the thought of the return.

It'd do bigger money for him.

Soulpower

Big Shows just wants to keep his options open. I don't think anyone believes he'll go to TNA or return to the WWE, but just in case Show wants to be able to go wherever he pleases. The man is prety much set for life financially, so I doubt he'll be making a comeback anytime soon.

03mnm

Reaction score
Personally, I think Big Show should kick back and enjoy life for a few years. Pull a Jericho and just do something else for a while. Make the fans salivate at the thought of the return.

It'd do bigger money for him.

Totally agree with that Show has been in wrestling for a while and he needs a break. But I cant wait for his return and hopefully when he is back he will be better than ever.

Mikes

Reaction score
Its time he takes a break, but i hope he comes back in a year or two when he has recovered

ChiWa

Reaction score
I just hope that any comeback Show makes is because he wants to and not because he has to. If he is set for money then I hope he stays home.

phantomgerald

i just hope he doesn't come back years from on as a washed-up version. if he retires, i don't want to see him back.

Wrestling Station

Its better for him to work as a manager for a new heel superstar in the business for example, and dont wrestle anymore, just interfer in any match involving that superstar he's managing. Or he can develope a new stable (like Hogan with NWO) and make new things and storylines in WWE. That is the best thing for him and for the business to benefit from Big Show.

millman4134

Reaction score
I saw the Big Show at a walgreens in Tampa. Took a picture with my kid. He said he doesn't plan on coming back until he has healed some of his nagging injuries. I asked him if he was leaving the WWE and he said that he was undecided.

NooDLE

Reaction score
Yeah, he should still take time off to recover. When he is all healed up, and is able to compete again, then he should come back. The man has amazing talent for someone his size. And even though he may never come back again full time, I would love to see him in the ring one last time, for one final match.

The Punisher

Reaction score
Big Show should take off as much time as he wants to recover from all the nagging injuries that he sustained. It would not be the same if they want to rush him back before he is fully healed.

Acideyez

Reaction score
yeah he's a huge guy and i'm sure it hurts him a bit more then the other guys. He definetly seserves a good long break,and it'll give him alot of time to think over his options. Pretty much a win win situation for the big guy. Hope to see he's doing well though soon.

speedo_bobby

Reaction score
Hope Show takes all the time he needs to get over his injuries.

He deserves a hell of a lot of respect for busting his a$$ to try and legitimise the ECW title while his body was breaking down on him.