Back in Business Post Night One Press Conference.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Members of the world's press are assembled in Mexico City, Mexico. FWA's lead young boy Oz McOzson is just finishing his interview.

Oz McOzson: "I'm tired, I'm old, and I work with fucking children."

He leaves the stage, ready for the next wrestler to walk on...

(feel free to react to night one here!)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
[Warning, some text bolded that I can't un-bold]

Cameras flash as Katsu, after her match, walks out onto the tables. She is still in her mask from the night, a green, white, and red look. She is in a t-shirt and jeans. She sits down and opens a bottle of Corona beer, a sponsor for the show and while it isn't her tastes, it is at least something to drink after her match from the night. It is also better than the other thing named Corona. She gives a polite nod before someone from the crowd asks the first question. It is a young man with a British accent.

"Hello, Katsu. Jack here from Wrestleholic. Tonight you made your Back in Business debut. You faced against El Vengedor tonight and got a big win. What did this match mean to you?"

Katsu nods. She thinks through her answer.

"I had some issues with him, he wanted to go through me as a way to start his mission. I wish we didn't have to do that to get a match on Back in Business. But once the bell rang, I had some... fun if that is the better way to put it? I sort of got lost in the atmosphere and the largest crowd I have ever competed in front of. I also thought to me seeing him excel on Ground Zero. Him seemingly a step ahead most others on my team. I did want to face him. I am glad I stood my ground and got a win, especially after what he did. On top of all that, I think as a masked wrestler, there was something special with it. I have seen masked wrestlers most my life. I was drawn into them. I felt something special in creating an identity which others can rally behind... Something I can live through and connect with. There are some in Japan I have become fans of including The Grand Tiger. But the tradition started in Mexico. So two masked wrestlers from different parts of the world fighting where the tradition they follow started..."

She takes a deep breath. She shows a small smile on her face.

"That I will cherish. I am glad we iced things over a bit, so to speak. Sometimes that is needed, especially at a landmark show like this. The leaves change and a new season comes."

Someone else raises their hand.

"Barry Barrywitz from Wrestling US. You are slowly approaching the one year mark on being in FWA. While FWA tours worldwide, it is primarily an American style wrestling company. How have you been adjusting to FWA and your schedule in two companies?"

"It was a big learning curve."
The masked woman gives a nervous laugh, taking a sip of her beer. "The in ring style where I wrestle is vastly different to something like FWA. We don't often have stipulation matches like a Buried Alive... the 'Garden of Eden' you saw and while we make a connection with the crowd, we mainly do it through our fighting spirit. Our in ring ability we connect with the crowd through. The personalities have an adjustment greater than anything."

The reporter follows it up.

"And despite that FWA chose you to be in the F1, you rose to be FWA Television Champion. But after losing your Television Championship you took a hiatus. Was it due to that adjustment being hard?"

"It was a lot."
She shakes her head, feeling uneasy. "I asked for a longer hiatus from COSMIC Joshi Wrestling to experience Europe during our tour. But the travel I was not used to. I was homesick I was not used to some people I would meet in the ring and out. Some injuries did not help. Mentally I needed to take longer away just to be home around the familiar. See my friends and team again. Be in my own bed. But I am back now, I have worked out my schedule better with both companies. Travel, still a pain, haha." She gives a small laugh. "But I am better prepared for it now.

"Easy V from Wrestling Controversies, bro."
A man with a beard stands up. He has slicked back hair which looks like it has a life-time supply of Just for Men and hair gel in it. "Now listen, bro."

"I am not bro..."
She rolls her eyes.

"You came in bro as a walking Vampire. Despite the fact you never watched a vampire movie bro. I don't think they even have Vampires in Japan. Now according to my... Reliable sources, FWA management asked you to drop the act due to it being similar to Steve the Techno Vampipre-"

"Shut up..."

Katsu immediately cuts off the reporter.

"That Steve is of no relevance, and that rumour is false..."

"FAKE NEWS BRO, you never let me finish, bro!"

Katsu buries her face in her hand.

"FWA also didn't want people to be mooching off their pre-FWA success so they got you to change names to trademark it. So they picked Katsu as-"

"Can you shut the hell up, please!"

Katsu pleads with the reporter as someone takes his microphone away.

"First of all. I own the trademarks to Katsu. You can check it. Hence why when I came back to Japan after Carnal Contendership, I wrestled as Katsu. I said it before and I will say it again. Vampyra and her iterations were created in COSMIC in part due to the 'creative mind' of..." There is dread on her voice. "Queen Yoshiko. When I left Sin and joined MAYHEM I wanted to create a new identity, but I didn't know what would connect with me. So I carried on. I put it off. But as I was home, I just felt... I needed a change. I was inspired to become Katsu. Create something by me. For me. A masked wrestler needs to connect to their mask. It has only been a few months but I already feel more connected as Katsu. I have had success. I won most my matches so far and those I didn't win I finished fourth of 30 people, and nearly reached a time-limit draw against a number one contender. I am heading in a direction I am happy with-"

The "Controversy" loving reporter grabs the microphone back and tries to shout one more question.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BACKSTAGE HEAT ON YOU, BRO?! THE ONE YOU-"

"ALRIGHT, THROW THAT DONKEY OUT!"
Katsu slams on the table and security rips his microphone out of his hand and start to be carried away. He shouts.

"FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND TRUTH SOCIAL AT EASY V-"

SLAM.

The door is shut and there is an awkward silence. Katsu clears her throat.

"-My appologies."

"I got a question."

A young woman stands up.

"Tomorrow night you will be competing again, one of two... potentially three if the rumours are true, competitors who are competing through multiple matches Back in Business Weekend. You will be part of the Trios Battle Royale with Cali Hayama and Ririko. How does it feel to have your teammates in FWA with you and even in a loss, will we be seeing more of them?"

"I am confident we can win." Katsu nods, showing a strong belief in her friends. "FWA fans will love them. Trios wrestling is an art-form. Three teammates in harmony. Moving parts more than a regular tag team match. We have been one of the best trios as a team on the planet the past several years. We will show FWA the beauty of it. American fans know Cali some. Ririko is a new name here. But I am excited to share the ring with them in FWA. FWA management has already agreed that they will be allowed back even if we lose. They may be like me and bounce back and forth whether teaming with me, as a tag, or in singles competition. Though they have their tag team championships to defend... Along with the trios titles."

She smiles, giving a wink.

"Ririko is actually excited to improve her English. We have been showing her American shows and movies to help, I have been sharing with her some books I read while learning English. She genuinely wants to connect with the FWA fans. Cali, she already had her two million YouTube fans, people will know her. She is from North America, she knows what it is like to compete on this continent. YDS will be part of FWA's future."

Another reporter gets up.

"Steve-O from Japan Fans News. I notice you mentioned YDS. You created YOKAI Death Squad as a sub-unit of MAYHEM between you, Cali, and Ririko. But that decision has been mixed from MAYHEM's other members, what will-"

"No comment."

She cuts him off.

"My apologies. But we will be addressing that in Japan soon. Face to face. The right way. I will be in Japan next week before returning back to FWA for Meltdown and Fallout."

"No offense taken. I understand."

The reporter politely sits back down as one more stands up. He has a glorious... GLORIOUS beard.

"Jack King from Smarks Wrestling Clique. Of course, you have aspirations for trios gold here. Your roll has continued on in CJW from what I have seen. But what's next for Katsu in a singles role here in FWA?"

"Yes." She nods. She holds her hand up.

"Six people. One cage. I qualified for Golden Opportunity. I have not competed in my career in a match like the Steel Roulette. But... I just..." She takes a deep breath. "I need to win it. I know I have only been in FWA for less than a year. But I don't want to be some forgotten person. It took a lot of courage to get out of my comfort zone and enter a company like FWA. Thriving here is what I want to do. I have someone growing up I was close with. I will not mention how we were close, but he had a dream. He... achieved that dream and can do even more with it. I am proud of him. But I want to... I want to do it also."

Grabbing her glass bottle, she swirls the liquid in it.

"And I have had some big matches I have come just... within a hair of victory of. I don't want that to be a habit. I want to belong in FWA's main event. Golden Opportunity I will prove that."

Some strong words from Katsu. The interviewer asks one final question.

"And what about your opponents?"

"I have watched them closely."

Katsu responds.

"I have seen Weaselperson beat both people in the upcoming main event despite wearing a... sweaty costume. I have seen Alyster make his scenes, win gold and have a..." She shudders. "Cum truck... Reagan Cole trying to pick up parts of his life. Death Walker creating havoc, and Jackson turning over a new leaf and trying to find new allies. I will address them in time... But first I want to be ready for tomorrow. Thank you."

"Thank you. No further questions. Good luck."

Cameras flash as Katsu leads out, leaving the stage to the next person.