Awesome video on faith.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Famou$ 187

Thats what he WANTS you to think,he's knows about and is about something alot more powerful. It's pyramid not a diamond.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Everything I learned about religion I learned from South Park.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with the videos, as they are all youtube videos that we just got done spending 10 pages of hell disputing anything that ever comes from youtube. So like Italian Outsider I don't feel like repeating myself.

But all I can say for religion in general is that I believe in it due to personal experience. I do not associate with any form of denomination because of the same reasons most people never go to church. Because they are superficial doctrines that like to pick and choose what they believe in the bible and ignore anything they disagree with.

But as for my own personal experience, despite virtually no evidence to support me (I tried directing people to "The Case for Christ" "The Case For Faith" and "The Case For A Creator" books but everyone refused to consider them, and I don't feel like repeating myself again so I'm just going to pretend that foundation isn't there for me) My personal experience is what prevents me from ever doubting religion. And I've seen it for myself.

Call me crazy, call me a religious nut, call me all the names you want to. But I've personally heard God speaking to me in my most trying time of life. The time in high school where I almost considered killing myself and all of my class mates through what you would call a "school shooting". He was able to clear out the thoughts of anger and hate and helped open my eyes to prevent me from doing something that would have ruined many families lives.

You could call it my "concious", that little voice inside your head. But even then you would have to subscribe to some form of believe that there is apart of us that is not made up of nerves and muscle tissue. That there was some form of me strong enough to tell myself that what I was about to do is wrong.

It is my belief that it was God who saved lives that day. I cannot back it up with facts or sources or anything else. But I do not need to. In the end it is everyone's choice on what they want to believe or not believe.

If you want to think that everyone around you who chooses to worship a deity is in some way less intelligent, weaker, crazier or just plain lesser than yourself, that's your choice.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue following what I believe in. I'm going to continue treating the bible as a guide line rather than my be all end all book of laws. And I'm going to continue knowing that without the almighty scientific facts, I will never be able to convince anyone else that God exists. And that's ok. That's your choice.

LKP

Where is god when a kid gets raped? Where is he when war goes on? Where is he when people smash up his churches and graveyards? I do not believe in god at all. Never have or will that video sums up how ive always felt about religion.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Where is god when a kid gets raped? Where is he when war goes on? Where is he when people smash up his churches and graveyards?QUOTE]

If God were to divinely intervene in order to prevent acts of wrong doing or violence, you wouldn't have much free choice as to whether you believe in him or not would you? If God were to just show up and go "Poof, no more suffering in the world" you would have to believe in him because he was right there when he ended all wrong in the world.

When you ask "Where was God during this earth quake?" or "Where was God when that man murdered his wife and kids?" then your basically expecting a deity to interfere in a natural process of the earth or freedom of choice to make sure that no bad things can happen to anybody.

If that were to happen, God would have to be in control of your thoughts and emotions. Nope, can't fantasize about banging your neighbors wife because acting on that would end up causing the husband pain and possibly have him kill himself in grieve. Can't post in the "wishing death upon someone" thread because then your hoping someone may die and that would be bad and God couldn't allow that.

God is not the overbearing vengeful and over protective big brother. And he's also not the aloof and careless deity who enjoys watching us all suffer and die miserable deaths. Because miracles happen everyday.

I know there's no convincing you or anybody else to believe in God. But I had to respond to your decrying that there must be no God because there is such a thing as suffering. That's ignorant. Even just saying "I don't believe in God because I choose not to" is a better cop out than "I don't believe in God because bad stuff happened to me".

LKP

^^^^ I agree man.

I'm just saying i never have or will believe in someone or thing i have no proof of. After seeing that video i thought yeah this is the way ive always thought, People are each to their own i guess.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I haven't seen the videos to be honest. I already know right out the gate I have no leg to stand on in physical debate so there's no need for me to brow beat myself with more hopelessness. lol

King_Ash

Reaction score
Quote from South Park

"Maybe we should stop trying to get into heaven, and try and make one here on earth"