Awesome Kong's New Debut Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The tale of Monkeystyle's PS2

So like 2 years ago I bought a ps2 of my buddy. It was pretty cheap. 2 controllers, like 6 games, and a memory card for $150.

Anyway, it died on me about a month later. I remember using it the night before, then all of a sudden the next morning I was getiing the dreaded disc read error message.

So I called Sony, but since I had bought it from a friend I wasn't expecting much. It turned out though that I could send it to them and they'd fix it or send me a refurbished model.

I was like, okay, and I took all the info for shipping it. But afterwards I decided nahhh. I'll fix it myself.

Now, I'm no fool, I didn't just crack the thing open right away. I tried thinking about it, and I figured the problem was simple. It just needed a cleaning most likley. So I bought a lens cleaner, and I used it, and it was all good. So I popped in a random game. Mega Man anthology I think. And the bastard worked.

So I was like, slick, I wanna finish Re: Code Veronica now. So I put it in.

Disc Read Error.

Fuck.

Put Mega Man back in.

Disc Read Error.

It was at this point that I completely lost all patience with the machine and did what you should do to all things that annoy you. Shake it until you feel better. (Note to self: Do not shake baby.)

So I shook the shit out of it in a fit of anger after having come so close.

And then I figured what the hell, I'll try it.

The son of a bitch worked.

So, now I'm all. Ok, if I shook something that was out of place in place, I should be able to see what I did.

So I opened it up voiding my warranty, and saw the problem. The lens wasn't sitting in its proper place anymore. The rails were slightly bent. So I slid the thing back into place, closed it up, and put back in my game.

I was playing Splinter Cell at that time, just as a test. And I got to a loading screen, and all of a sudden It froze. I waited for like 5 minutes, but it didn't budge.

So once again, with frustration coursing through me. I hit the damn thing on the top. BASH!

The game hiccuped, and moved on from the loading screen.

Say what?

So I kept playing. Another loading screen, freezes again. A light pop on the top from me, and it keeps moving along nicely.

I whupped that machine back into line I tell you what.

And now 2 years later. I'm still beating it, and its still working.

The lesson to be learned here kids is: Violence is good.

Slash

Reaction score
I would of just sent it in cause then you wouldn't have to beat it up but whatever floats your boat man. Good story none the less.

Markz

Reaction score
Don't try that with a PSP! I guess you would crack the thing in half like you Karate chopped it.

Reaction score
I can see you will be a great father, rofl!

Now LilMonkey (please dont name him/her that!) ... Violence is good! Just look at my playstation!

Otherwise, funny story.

The A-man

Reaction score
I don't fix it per say. I just hit it every now and then.

Or at every loading screen.

You should either sent the thing in for repairs or just got another one. All that banging and hitting the system is gonna kill it anyway for sure one of these days.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
lol. nice story. i attempt that with mine, but after going THROUGH the PS2 i stopped...

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
I have one of the first ps2 version model that came out and 3 months or so after I bought it it did that same problem.

I send it to the sony guys after seeing the cleaner disc didnt work, and it arrived back in a few looong ass weeks. It hasnt had a problem till this day.

I still use it, mostly play Madden 07.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Or at every loading screen.

You should either sent the thing in for repairs or just got another one. All that banging and hitting the system is gonna kill it anyway for sure one of these days.

Its very theraputic.

Especially when I'm losing.