• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
It will soon make 1 year that Renato Ruiz, better known as Averno, is under contract for WWE. He was signed back on May 29th 2011 and was supposed to be brought in to work with non other than the Mexican sensation, Sin Cara. Averno is still working for the CMLL while under contract for WWE.

What will WWE do with Averno?

In my mind, there's only 4 possible options:

1. WWE will release him in the following weeks as part of the post Wrestlemania cuts.

2. Assuming that his contract was only a 1 year deal, they will let it run out.

3. They will bring him to TV when Sin Cara will comeback to work a program with him.

4. WWE might want to keep him as he could be an asset to WWE's cruiserweight show on the WWE Network when it begins.

So, in your opinion, what does the futur hold for Averno and what do you hope WWE will do with him?

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Well he is 35, but he was born the same year as ADR so age might not matter. I believe they will keep him because Sin Cara is expected to be out for a while. And with Rey Mysterio out and Hunico not really cutting it for draws they should keep him to keep the Hispanic viewership going strong.

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
The fact that he is 35 can be a factor that can play against him, but he also has 17 years of experience. So if they really are going to make a cruiserweight show, I think they should keep him because the youngsters that they will hire could definitely learn from him some things from him.

And with Rey Mysterio out and Hunico not really cutting it for draws they should keep him to keep the Hispanic viewership going strong.

That could play in his favor for sure.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He's legit, and he's better than Sin Cara. They should focus their Mysterio replacement strategy on him as opposed to the botchster.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well Fuji anybody's better than Sin Cara. He seems legit so he'll probably be brought to tv within a few months. But I don't think he's gonna be around long.