• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin appeared on Busted Open with Dave Lagreca and Doug Mortman. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

Could he ever be medically cleared to wrestle again?: "It’s not even about being cleared. I’m 100 percent fine. Once I had my fusion done in 2000 and I went into the recovery phase and then got back in the ring, everything was fine and dandy. I was just running too hard towards the end and had a few issues. It was time to get out. Passing the physical isn’t the issue."

Is CM Punk the only guy he would come back for to wrestle?: "I think John Cena would be a guy as well. I really like John. He is the face of that company right now and he has done a hell of a job and I got a lot of respect for him. You look at a guy like Triple H, that was one of my favorite guys to work in the ring with. Such a ring general and such a pro. Just an easy night at the office. Undertaker is kind of beat to shreds, kind of like me. Those would be a few guys off the top of my head. Would it just be CM Punk? No. Is CM Punk at the top of the list? Yes!"

So will he actually return? Or is he just pulling a Jeritroll?

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm not sure about this but his return is for sure something that would make a lot of people watch WWE again just to see a feud including Stone Cold Steve Austin. I think that if he'll return one day he'll have a feud with CM Punk. Why? Because Cena already did a storyline like that with The Rock so I don't think WWE would make an Austin/Cena feud because it would be pretty much the same thing. On the other hand CM Punk would be the perfect choice. Austin and Punk segments would be gold but I'm not sure about matches though. If it would be something like a huge No DQ match with a great build at a PPV like Wrestlemania with CM Punk fighting Austin to earn respect, I'm all for it. But yeah, let's get back to reality.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
But obviously it had to of been a big issue since he hasn't returned in the ring in a long time. I think maybe it was a behind the scenes issue.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
But obviously it had to of been a big issue since he hasn't returned in the ring in a long time. I think maybe it was a behind the scenes issue.

:huh:

I honestly don't get what your trying to say. If your saying Austins full of shit and lying about it and that it's been an issue than that could totally be true but then he apparently thinks it's no longer an issue.

But I don't know what you mean by "behind the scenes"

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Never really liked him, but no doubt he'd be a huge deal and I'm all for his return.

Still think WWE should go with an Attitude Era vs PG Era theme at Mania, even more so with the tie in of this years game being along the same lines. Austin/Punk would sell, no gimmicks needed, although the straight edge vs beer drinking redneck will probably be played on.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
:huh:

I honestly don't get what your trying to say. If your saying Austins full of shit and lying about it and that it's been an issue than that could totally be true but then he apparently thinks it's no longer an issue.

But I don't know what you mean by "behind the scenes"
Behind the scenes, as in something unheard of on the internet. Maybe he got into an argument with one of the workers, or he may have some other issues with the wrestlers.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think it would be great if he would return. The fact that he's openly talking about it is a good sign. But I wouldn't be all that surprised if he didn't do it.

Still though, I would cry if he didn't.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just stay retired, you went out in the best fashion against The Rock at WrestleMania putting an end to the trilogy, a match with CM Punk won't come close to competing with that and shouldn't be looked back on as his last match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm kinda 50/50 on this on one side I do want him to stay retired from in ring wrestling because as Dale said he went out perfectly with that Rock match but I would love to see him come back and be a GM. But another part of me would love to see him help the younger generation with maybe two/three dream matches.

Blujay

Reaction score
Didn't he just have a surgery this year that was going to inhibit him from competing at WM29 because of the recovery time? Or did I dream that up. If he is going to wrestle, I don't see it being until WM 30.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I have no desire to see Austin back in the the WWE, he'd be rusty as hell and the man behind the gimmick is a total douchebag; beats his wife and anytime there was a storyline written he didn't like he'd just no show, pathetic.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I would love to see him return for one last time. It's a well known fact that most wrestlers who retire young tend to make a return to the ring so I don't think anyone should be criticising Steve Austin if he does make the decision to return. Also, remember that the dirt sheets tend to fabricate things a little bit more. If Austin was to return I would enjoy seeing him compete against The Undertaker. My second choice would be for him to face off against CM Punk but he would likely carry Punk through most of the feud and would be well over with the fans.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm sick of these "Yeah, I'd like to face him" reports. Is it on or not, gentlemen?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I would love to see him return for one last time. It's a well known fact that most wrestlers who retire young tend to make a return to the ring so I don't think anyone should be criticising Steve Austin if he does make the decision to return. Also, remember that the dirt sheets tend to fabricate things a little bit more. If Austin was to return I would enjoy seeing him compete against The Undertaker. My second choice would be for him to face off against CM Punk but he would likely carry Punk through most of the feud and would be well over with the fans.

I think Punk could probably hold his own in a feud with Austin. Hell, a promo between the two in the ring would be amazing.