Austin vs. Brock???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
After watching the podcast, I'll admit that it gave me chills. If Stone Cold returned for one more match and fought Brock on the grandest stage of them all, I don't think I could contain how awesome that Mania would be. Granted I know this was a podcast and may not mean a damn thing, but Paul and Austin were selling the potential match very well....and having 2 verbal geniuses like Austin and Paul going to toe to with each other for the build up to this match would be simply stunning, no pun intended.

Do you think that this match is possible? And if so, do you think Austin could pull off one last match? Honestly I'm not sure if they'd book Brock to beat him....the crowd would be in an uproar, because as big as Brock is and has become, Austin is will always be bigger, especially in Texas. I can see it taking like 4 or 5 stunners but I believe he can pin Brock.

Please give your insights.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I can see Austin having just one last match, but doubt it'll be with Brock. Dude needs to take care of his neck, and I'm sure a match with Lesnar will be too physical.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't have much to say, besides... This would be epic and I'd love to see it!

But, right now, it's just wishful thinking.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Yes, can't wait to see 7 stunners and 6 F5s with Meltzer giving it ****3/4 and beanie-hat-wearing douchebags calling it best match ever.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yes, can't wait to see 7 stunners and 6 F5s with Meltzer giving it ****3/4 and beanie-hat-wearing douchebags calling it best match ever.
Well you're being a bit extreme, but if Austin can pull off one last match, I see this being very good. Lesnar would have to carry the match, but the build would be crazy.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don't have much to say, besides... This would be epic and I'd love to see it!

But, right now, it's just wishful thinking.
I guess I don't get the point of Paul mentioning it then. I mean and Austin got into character and didn't seem to be kidding. Like he was cutting a promo at the end of his show.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I can see Austin having just one last match, but doubt it'll be with Brock. Dude needs to take care of his neck, and I'm sure a match with Lesnar will be too physical.
Well if he comes back and the match isn't physical, people will hate it and not see the point.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I guess I don't get the point of Paul mentioning it then. I mean and Austin got into character and didn't seem to be kidding. Like he was cutting a promo at the end of his show.

Could've been a work, but it could've been a joke, also. I guess time will only tell.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar has been the one guy in these past few years who I'd love to see face Austin more than anyone else. I don't know if stepping into the ring with a 300-pound human gorilla like Brock would necessarily be the best thing for Austin as far as his physical health was concerned, but if he feels confident he can survive a match with Lesnar, then perhaps he can. The decision is all his.

As far as who would go over, I think Austin winning is pretty much the guaranteed outcome no matter who he faces. It'd be his first match in thirteen years, it's in his home-state of Texas, and it's the biggest Wrestlemania of all time where they'll no doubt want a happy ending. Austin whooping ass and drinking beer one last time is exactly the way you can expect it to play out.

That said, I think Austin returning to the ring next year is still very dubious at best. He'll likely end up as either the special referee for the main event or as the guest host of the entire show or something.

Reactions: edge4ever

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It's not going to happen,and if it does, the match will be awful.. Austin is old and has had many neck issues in the past, he's not capable of having a solid match with Lesnar.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's not going to happen,and if it does, the match will be awful.. Austin is old and has had many neck issues in the past, he's not capable of having a solid match with Lesnar.
If they're not fighting then what's the angle here?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh, and JR needs to do commentary for the match, too. Really, JR should be brought in to do commentary no matter what match Austin wrestled, but I especially don't want the other geeks calling a match the caliber of Austin vs Brock. (In fact, since they want to make this the biggest, baddest, and greatest and most historical Wrestlemania ever, why not just have JR do commentary for the entire show this one last time?)

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
That would be amazing. Two badasses (three if you count Heyman) going at it at the show of shows. I don't know if it would be good for Austin's health, though. As we all know he has a history of neck injuries, and it wouldn't be a Lesnar match without throwing somebody onto the back of their head.

Reactions: edge4ever