• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin says no to host Raw

Evil Austin

The following is an excerpt from a new interview with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin from The Sun website in the UK:

Steve Austin also reveals that he turned down approaches from the WWE to guest host on Raw and appear on the recent Smackdown 10th anniversary show.

Having recently watched the Hall Of Fame package the company put together on his career, Steve admitted: "That hit me so hard. It was five or six minutes long and finally helped me understand and really accept my impact.

"After seeing that I really want to be judicious with my returns to the WWE as I want them to be really impactful and well-written - everyone knows how critical I am of creative!"

Steve also talked about his worries for Jeff Hardy, criticisms of TNA, passing the torch to John Cena and why he'll always be known as Stone Cold.

Evil Austin

on Wrestlezone it has a link that's where I got this from.

pocket

so I just spent the past 28 mins listening to that interview, and you know what? Steve Austin is the guys I respect most in this industry! He was hot as anyone ever got, for me hotter than Hogan ever was!

I always loved how he said it as it is.... and how critcle he is of Creative. One thing I'll never forget is how he refused to take shortcuts, especially when a storyline was concerned. When WWE tried to book him Vs Brock Lesnar without any storyline behind it, he quit out of principle... I respect the hell out of him for that! And thats why he won't host Raw, because he knows that he couldn't be Stone Cold with all the PG resrictions!!! And why should he? tarnish his legacy for a cheap quick fix so Vince can do a rating over 3.5 for one week only... fuck that... Austin is doing the right thing for sure..... when he thinks the company is in the right place for it to happen, then and only then will he make another appearance

so I just spent the past 28 mins listening to that interview, and you know what? Steve Austin is the guys I respect most in this industry! He was hot as anyone ever got, for me hotter than Hogan ever was!

I always loved how he said it as it is.... and how critcle he is of Creative. One thing I'll never forget is how he refused to take shortcuts, especially when a storyline was concerned. When WWE tried to book him Vs Brock Lesnar without any storyline behind it, he quit out of principle... I respect the hell out of him for that! And thats why he won't host Raw, because he knows that he couldn't be Stone Cold with all the PG resrictions!!! And why should he? tarnish his legacy for a cheap quick fix so Vince can do a rating over 3.5 for one week only... fuck that... Austin is doing the right thing for sure..... when he thinks the company is in the right place for it to happen, then and only then will he make another appearance

I share your sentiment. I can see it now, PG Austin comes back, gives <insert failing, no name heel here that needs a rub before getting fired in 2 weeks> a stunner, opens a ROOT Beer and then gets on the mic to say "Stone Cold says I just whupped your....your...buttocks"

Wordlife

^agreed.... SCSA doesn't even deserved to be called anymore, until they change their PG rating, imo, cause he made WWF/WWE special way back when... god I miss the good ol' wrestling days! :(

noumenon

Ya know, I was letting things slide the past year or so. But something over the past few months has really flipped a switch in me. Perhaps it's watching all these old Attitude Era videos...the horribly obvious children themed programming, horrible booking... I dunno.
WWE is seriously in the worst state I think I've ever seen.

Ya know, I was letting things slide the past year or so. But something over the past few months has really flipped a switch in me. Perhaps it's watching all these old Attitude Era videos...the horribly obvious children themed programming, horrible booking... I dunno.
WWE is seriously in the worst state I think I've ever seen.

As bad as they were, I'd take the silly gimmicks of the 90's over the shit we're getting now. I'd rather watch an Iron Man match between Doink and Atom Bomb right now. That's how bad it is right now.

Evil Austin

Heck ^ I'd even prefer Jerry Lawler use Kane as his dentist again

What, no "Fuck you, Stone Cold! You OWE us! We MADE you!" mentality that was so prevalent in the Rock threads? :mrgreen:

Good for Austin. He understands the business probably better than the WWE does at this point. There will never be another Stone Cold in the E, not because no one has the talent, but because the E has reigned in so much creativity from the talent with all the scripted promos and stripped them from personal creative liberties. If Vince and Co. would open their ears to the talent or just gave them a live mic and let them go you'd have another Mankind or you'd have your next "Austin 3:16 means...", but now we are getting promos scripted by hack TV writers and we get Cena/Orton 7 times a year. Good for Steve not wanting to be part of the stagnation.

paulie

What, no "Fuck you, Stone Cold! You OWE us! We MADE you!" mentality that was so prevalent in the Rock threads? :mrgreen:

Good for Austin. He understands the business probably better than the WWE does at this point. There will never be another Stone Cold in the E, not because no one has the talent, but because the E has reigned in so much creativity from the talent with all the scripted promos and stripped them from personal creative liberties. If Vince and Co. would open their ears to the talent or just gave them a live mic and let them go you'd have another Mankind or you'd have your next "Austin 3:16 means...", but now we are getting promos scripted by hack TV writers and we get Cena/Orton 7 times a year. Good for Steve not wanting to be part of the stagnation.

have to agree stone cold on a pg raw is just not gonna work,,,,