ATTN: People who call wrestlers by their real first names

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Lol'd at this. Such a R Albin response.

I agree, but I've never found this issue on WWE Forums. I've seen it on numerous other forums, but they normally get shot down as well. You are certainly not alone in hating people who unnecessarily use their first name instead of kayfabe name.

I've seen it on here, but yea, other places are a lot worse about it. It's crazy how many people over at that other forum are on a first name basis with CM Punk, because he is basically known as Phil over there.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Maybe they're all just best buddies with Punk, because Phil is such a nice guy.

e6b8859539fdbb8ab37cf3dc80d3efd7.jpg

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
This thread made me smile.

The other forum I post at, so many people talking about the wrestler's by their real name, as if they fucking know them on a personal level.

They enter your living room each week via your television. That doesn't mean you actually know them.

Mizfit

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree with you op!

One thing I can't stand is calling people like Chris hero and el generico by their new nxt names.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
One thing I can't stand is calling people like Chris hero and el generico by their new nxt names.
I see no problem in that. I always call a wrestler by their current ring name, anything else is disrespectful in my eyes. Chris Hero is no more, El Generico is no more (Kayfabe at least) and just talking about them under their old names is nothing better than those fans on RAW chanting Albert at Tensai.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This thread made me smile.

The other forum I post at, so many people talking about the wrestler's by their real name, as if they fucking know them on a personal level.

They enter your living room each week via your television. That doesn't mean you actually know them.

Haha. I see shit like this all the time.
"Phil drinks Pepsi hurhur"
"Phil enjoys watching Dexter :yay: "

:facepalm:

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
I'm with you here, man. Like when people call The Rock 'Dwayne'. :mad1:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Punk calls HHH by his real name and everyone thinks it's cool to do the same :mad1:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Punk calls HHH by his real name and everyone thinks it's cool to do the same :mad1:
ten year old: "Look at me mom! Straight Edge society!"
Mom: "That's cute David, now go to your room".

Reactions: Swift

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
He also calls Rock Dwayne. And the way he says it "Hey, Dwaaaynne. Why don't you advertise your new movie." What a jerk.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
To be fair, Vince called Punk 'Phil' on-screen as well. That whole angle in 2011 was about blurring the lines of on-screen kayfabe and reality.

I have no issue with people calling The Rock Dwayne because he goes by that name when it comes to movie billing now.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This is kind of like fake death reports for me, I never hear about it until the report comes out that they're not dead. I've been on wrestling forums since 06 & I have never once came across someone [seriously] calling a wrestler by their real name as opposed to their stage name however this is at least the third thread I've read calling people out for doing this. I just find it odd how I miss all this stuff.

Anyway the only wrestler I'm guilty of doing this with is Tensai/Albert/Matt Bloom and it's not because he's had like twenty different in-ring names and it's just easier to remember his real name. It's because I was introduced to him as Matt Bloom the wrestler before I ever got into wrestling (his mother taught at my elementary school, so he came in to do an assembly) and even then it's rare that I call him Matt Bloom (only when asked which wrestler's I've met [though I didn't get a chance to talk to him] or threads like this). Otherwise I'll just call him by his stage name (which doesn't happen often, I normally avoid talking about wrestlers that bore me to death) since I dislike using real peoples name in a context of wrestling (as I consider it disrespectful to the competitors) and also real names just sound so lame & boring in comparison.