• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Athletes who retired to soon?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Hey there basically this is stemming from the recent incident involving Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tearing his meniscus again like he had in 2013.. basically I'm thinking his career is in jeopardy at this point and he may have to retire a lot earlier than he would've had his legs held up during the early part of his career.

So now I ask which ones of your favorite athletes from any professional sport around the world have been forced to retire or have simply just chosen to retire too early from their respective sport?

One of the recent ones that has occurred was SG Brandon Roy for the Portland Trailblazers, he had seemed to be exploding on the scene and then had massive knee issues that forced him to retire at 27 when he realized they weren't getting any better. Another example would be WR Sidney Rice who started his career off with the Vikings and then found his way on the Seahawks.. Rice had some hip issues and than two severe concussions that ended his career at the age of 27.

Nick

Was gonna say B-Roy, my former favorite player. I also feel like Daunte Culpepper never got have the chance to build on those few great years due to the knee injuries

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Was gonna say B-Roy, my former favorite player. I also feel like Daunte Culpepper never got have the chance to build on those few great years due to the knee injuries
I'll meet you halfway, but Culpepper had a pretty damn serious core to work with.

mh0707

The Artiste
Marco van Basten, to mix things up a bit. Was one of the greatest football/soccer players of all time. Don't have a video at the moment but look him up.

I am not a huge golf fan, but living in Florida it was made a pretty big deal hen the best ever female golfer retired in 2008 at the age of 38. This Golfer was Annika Sorenstam.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Bob Sanders injury-proned a** should've kept going. 50 games in 8 years.

This guy retired waaaay too early. Can't miss Jr's graduation or those all important business meetings can you?

Last edited: