At this point it's just funny

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

if lethal is a joke then why did they have Angle drop the x title to him a couple years ago in a clean win, even HHHhad to go through the englishman stage in his early career, so his gimmick right now isnt a damn problem becuase he's not getting released anytime soon

First of, lol at you even bringing HHH's gimmick in your attempt to defend Jay Lethal. Second, yeah, you have a point, back when Lethal beat Angle for the X-Division belt, he wasn't a joke. Unfortunately, this is 2009, and in this state of time, Jay Lethal is jobbing to the Anvil...and people are actually OK with it. Talk about dropping the ball (hey, don't take my word for it, read any comment of Kurt Angle about what TNA should have done with Lethal)

Rhyno is a former ECW champion, and a better one than RVD who everyone rides his cock and rvd was only a wwe champ becuase they brought back ECW, but no one wants to admit that, he even said they put the belt on him to help out ECW in the beginning

I'm sure EVERYBODY agrees on that dude...but Rhyno is in form better than Van Dam. First of, Van Dam actually can put good matches, and in the current way of booking, he tends to be a draw.

and how did they drop the ball with nigel when every single review out there of his match claims that it may have been match of the year and just like the fans chanted "this is wrestling". and you claim only 5 percent will know he did, here's a fact, cm punk was only on ecw which gets the same amount of veiwers that tna gets, when he was brought over to raw he was hugely recieved, so i would say that the wrestling world will know who he is. thats about 1/3 of the wrestling world if you figure in raw gets about a 3.4 now, 1.2 is about 1/3 of 3.4, you act like so many people actually watch wrestling out of the 4.5 million that do, a third of them watch tna, so it is an impact.

I am sure you tend to get confused in the melee that are your posts, so I'll clear it out for you. My comment about "dropping the ball" was about you saying WWE dropped the ball by not keeping Nigel.

Secondly, yeah, ECW gets the same ratings as TNA, but it doesnt remove the fact that it is in WWE. A guy in ECW has the WWE machine behind him hyping them, so whatever he does in ECW, impacts the entire WWE Universe.

Nigel McGuiness can become TNA Champion for all that matters...and still most of the wrestling fans won't even know he exists. And that's just talking about the USA. Go to Mexico, South America, any of the other big markets WWE dominates world wide, and ask any fan if he knows who the hell is Desmond Wolfe, the guy who has made such an impact in TNA. He won't know.

Is not to knock on what McGuiness has done, but again, it's TNA. It isn't main stream, it isn't the big leagues, it isn't anything. In fact, I am willing to bet that if you are not a smark wrestling fan, you don't know about the existance of TNA.

and Joe, well he's a multi time champion so he's already an established tna star and people who watch wrestling know who he is and most importantly he is the biggest reason for the daniels push becuase if it wasn't for his acting work setting up everything this push would be going nowhere.

An established TNA star? Oh, you mean about the guy who has been midcarding since his failure of title reign. Oh yeah, sure, he's established as a TNA star. Again. TNA. Nobody knows what it is outside smarks.

Reaction score
^^^^ Good stuff right there!

Hernandez being saddled with Matt Morgan is a push in the wrong direction. Since TNA tries so hard to mirror the WWE, why can't they mirror the HUGE success the WWE had with latinos with Rey with Hernandez? He's mad over yet they find ways to set him back, and Matt Morgan sucks. Sucks on the mic, sucks in the ring. He has the look but not much talent.

Eric Young sucks. Everyone in his faction would be better off with another mouthpiece, one who specifically isn't rehashing someone else on the roster and isn't using a stupid, gimmicked raspy voice to sound tough because the only time he was over was a rehash of a Blue person gimmick used by the competition five years ago.

You know what a person must do in order to be considered a "star"?
They gotta draw money. No one in TNA does that, many used to, but no one does now. That 7,000 people buying PPVs is a good indicator of that. None of these new guys are moving merchandise either. But I mean, who wouldn't want a Matt Morgan t-shirt? Or an Eric Young something or another? These guys are top stars of the future, right? Or at least TNA keeps telling us.

The Rated R CMStar

Eric Young sucks. Everyone in his faction would be better off with another mouthpiece, one who specifically isn't rehashing someone else on the roster and isn't using a stupid, gimmicked raspy voice to sound tough because the only time he was over was a rehash of a Blue person gimmick used by the competition five years ago.

Dont believe the guy, then believe Jim Cornette.

Kizza

At last, someone else thinks EY is terrible. I can't take him seriously as a leader of anything. Too weak, too small, and such a gay voice.

Airfixx

re: EY's stupid voice.... Apparently he's seeking some kind of throat surgery so (regardless of whether his promo's remind me of an irate Daffy Duck) I doubt it's intentional.

Enzo Malenko said:
Hernandez being saddled with Matt Morgan is a push in the wrong direction. Since TNA tries so hard to mirror the WWE, why can't they mirror the HUGE success the WWE had with latinos with Rey with Hernandez? He's mad over yet they find ways to set him back"

Crazy eh? ...The guy screams $$$s to me.

Great One

and you claim only 5 percent will know he did, here's a fact, cm punk was only on ecw which gets the same amount of veiwers that tna gets, when he was brought over to raw he was hugely recieved, so i would say that the wrestling world will know who he is. thats about 1/3 of the wrestling world if you figure in raw gets about a 3.4 now, 1.2 is about 1/3 of 3.4, you act like so many people actually watch wrestling out of the 4.5 million that do, a third of them watch tna, so it is an impact.

im not even a tna mark, i hate the booking tremendously, im down on wrestling as a whole lately but smackdown is just too boring for me, i cant stand the raw guest hosting which i will admit i would probably watch more raw than tna if they stopped, and ecw i only watch for christian and benjamin
Lol at 5%. People don't grasp how many viewers TNA REALLY gets.

And Hernandez could be way bigger, yeah. Don't see how Morgan is so bad on the mic or in the ring..

chessarmy

I hope Sid makes a one time appearance for the Jay Lethal thing, nothing more. TNA's youth movement has been great, please don't ruin it Dixie.

Besides...dropped the ball with Nigel. I will give Nigel that he has made a huge impact in TNA with his feud with Kurt, but, let's remember, and I mean this in the nicest of ways...is TNA. Nigel can make all the impact he wants in there, but at the end of the day, only 5 percent of the wrestling world will know he did.

I think you harp on the negatives A LOT with TNA, and it shows. Can't you at least talk about how Desmond Wolfe is a credible world title contender after spending all of TWO MONTHS with the promotion? When's the last time WWE strapped the rockets on a debuting young star like that? 05?

MizMasta3000

Dixie is already ruining it. I dont know who is in her ears saying that the original talent she has isnt good enough and that she always needs to wait for wwe like rats wait in the back of restaurants for thrown out talent

Airfixx

^^^She's a mark... And she's gonna get worked to fuck by Hogan (just like she was when being convinced that Jarret could be their franchise guy. Also see the signing of Sid).

The Rated R CMStar

I think you harp on the negatives A LOT with TNA, and it shows. Can't you at least talk about how Desmond Wolfe is a credible world title contender after spending all of TWO MONTHS with the promotion? When's the last time WWE strapped the rockets on a debuting young star like that? 05?

Again, not denying Wolfe has made impact. Just pointing out it's an impact in TNA

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm also going to say pointing out the negatives in TNA wouldn't be so easy if there weren't so many negatives in the first place.