Assesment Of TNA's Talent/Other Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
*Okay, I know all this has been discussed before but I'm bored and wanted to give my full take on it.*

TNA used to have something going for their talent pool originality wise. A couple years after their innaugural show, they had compiled some very good, young, high flying talent, mixed with an exciting new heavyweight and tag team division. Guys like Mikey Batts, Jerrelle Clark, Psicosis, Amazing Red and Spanky among others were fun, new and exciting to watch. As were excellent teams such as AMW, The Naturals and Kaz/Matt Bentley were also new and exciting.

Then it all went downhill. I just don't feel the originality in the roster anymore. Sure teams like LAX, and MCMG are great, as are Samoa Joe, Daniels, Jay Lethal, Styles, Dutt and guys like that but I just don't feel that iMPACT! is as fresh as it used to be. I don't know weather its the booking that made it stale, but I just don't feel like I'm watching anything new here. I mean they already don't use Petey Williams anymore at all, same with Dutt quite honestly, and whos next? Though I am excited to hear their situation with Jimmy Rave, he will most like end up like the rest of them, thats the issue here.

In my opinion, when they get two hours in October, they HAVE to put more X division matches on, as with tag matches that don't suck (unlike the MCMG getting squashed in a minute by VKM). Also, as far as the tag division goes, reform AMW, and scrap the Steiners, and VKM. The thing that seperated TNA from other mainstream wrestling a few years ago was, well, the wrestling. It was actually good, matches were fun to watch, a complete alternative to WWE.

Bottom line, I just want TNA to change back to what it once was. I mean, have the buyrates/ratings improved drastically since the change to a more "sports entertainment" style? No. So why not reform yourself into the product you once were? Signing ex WWE talent won't bring ratings, putting on good wrestling matches will. I am actually excited for the two hours, to see what they can really do, or if they will do it at all.

*Rant over*

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
im exited to for two hours... becuase once they get two hours they wont have any excuses why the still suck

and i do agree with you about the freshness thing, i think it all started going downhill once angle came in or maybe a little before that

PeepShow

Ya, good points, but I love it how you people keep sayin how people arent being used as much anymore. Dont you get it? Their roster is getting bigger and more MEers are coming in. They arent going to be able to keep pushing the same guyus they did. Its just a thing called moving on.....lol. And once they get 2 hrs, they will be able to use more of that, but Im sure they wont, for some reason

Reaction score
Ya, good points, but I love it how you people keep sayin how people arent being used as much anymore. Dont you get it? Their roster is getting bigger and more MEers are coming in. They arent going to be able to keep pushing the same guyus they did. Its just a thing called moving on.....lol. And once they get 2 hrs, they will be able to use more of that, but Im sure they wont, for some reason

Nah, I realize what you're saying. I just miss the earlier days of TNA. In truth, I think if TNA would just tweak a few things, and put on better PPVs than they have been recently, combined with a two hour show, then theyre easily better than WWE at this point.

But you gotta admit, the days when they were just starting out were really cool. I remember it was on an episode of Xplosion in like 2004 or something at 2 in the morning, and I was starting to fall asleep. Then I saw Jerrelle Clark do the 630 (which is still one of my favorite top rope moves) for the first time. I sat right up in amazement lol.

03mnm

Reaction score
You know flair out of all the people that moan about TNA you make the most sense unlike guys like Phillip who just talk a load of shit about TNA anyway back to the topic you got a good point about Impact losing its originality but I think when Impact goes 2hours we will get to more X Division.

Reaction score
You know flair out of all the people that moan about TNA you make the most sense unlike guys like Phillip who just talk a load of shit about TNA anyway back to the topic you got a good point about Impact losing its originality but I think when Impact goes 2hours we will get to more X Division.

Thanks for the postive comment :)

I agree that when the two hour show comes, we WILL see more X Division and overall, better and longer matches on iMPACT!. Hopefully this will open up the show to new possiblities, as well as a showing of some guys you don't normally see. I will admit though last week's iMPACT had a hell of a main event fatal four way match so it isn't really that bad. My problems lie more within the realm of the booking, and management rather than the talent in TNA.

xtremebadass

I for one loved the TNA roster in 2003-2005, they had some insane talent, but they just don't know how to use most of their talent, it's funny, because they only know how to use main eventers, but everything will come together when they get 2 hours.

gashface

Reaction score
I think the two hours will help, at the moment they need to push the main event more and it's kind of pushing all of the mid-carders, tag teams, x-divisioners out of the way. I also hope though that they will begin to trust their home grown guys more in the main event, and stop using so many washed up WWE and WCW stars. Kurt Angle and Christian Cage are the only ones I really agree with.

phantomgerald

So Test and Black Reign are better than the TNA originals? You got to be kidding me. The originals are what made TNA unique, now they're just another WWE copycat. I used to really like TNA, now I couldn't care les.

reaction

Reaction score
TNA has no excuse now for being no good with 1 hour you see ECW improving week by week and people are starting to like ECW so i dont see a excuse for TNA now