• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AMA Ask The Wrasslemaniac Anything

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey guys,

thought I'd start up one of these and see what comes of it.

Real name is John, I'm 31 from Glascow, Scotland and I'm the host of the Wrasslemania Podcast which I host on my own reviewing Wrestlemania PPVs (and more reviews/bonus material to come over time). I love Wrestlemania as a whole and thought it would be cool to break down each Wrestlemania and review them all individually which I may only be 2 episodes in but I'm enjoying it overall.

Feel free to ask anything you wish & if asking about Wrestlemania/Wrestling related ask as many as you wish as i would like to include them in my podcast. (possibly a standalone episode)

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Best and worst WrestleMania?

Easy to pick the worst because I've just watched it for the podcast. Wrestlemania 2. Bulldogs tag match aside i just didn't enjoy it. Trying to one up Crockett by going to 3 cities just didn't work, the production was a mess for example Mr T is cutting a promo whilst you can hear the fink give us the result of the 1st match. Too much celebrity involvement for my liking, Celebrities as co-commentators just annoyed the hell out of me like Elvira basically wanted gratuitous nudity. As for matches, the card wasn't great, the boxing match was really sloppy, hated steele vs savage (the belt shouldn't have been on the line because it didn't feel like a championship match), uncle elmer vs adonis, i mean what the hell was that? Wait i know, it was 3 minutes of my life lost like tears in the rain. As for the main event, one of, if not the poorest cage match i've witnessed. If you want to see how a cage match should be done, watch Bret vs Owen Summerslam 94 (one of my all time favourite matches). I would say perhaps my selection could be clouded because i've just watched that mania so i'll give a special mention to WM11 for a poor card and possibly worst main event in history, WM11 was the first time i lapsed as a fan of WWF, Wrestlemania 12 brough me back (for warrior and the iron man match).

As for Best. I would choose 17, good card and some great matches. TLC2, Rock vs Austin 2 (amazing story despite the heel turn), Taker vs HHH, Shane vs Vince ending a great storyline, Angle vs Benoit even the hardcore match was enjoyable. We even got our gimmick fix with the battle royal which I wanted Doink to win. He was over with the crowd probably more so because Jericho dressed as him recently to attack Regal. I also loved 17 because it was truly the start of Wrestlemania being the large scale event taking place in stadiums and really showcasing it as the premier sports entertainment event of the year. I loved it, loved the setup, the stage, motorhead performing live, the theme music (was a big limp bizkit fan at the time) and I will really enjoy talking about it when i come to it.

Reactions: Solidus1

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I enjoy both, really enjoy the tactical game of snooker. Pool is nice and easy to play.
Next, do you like Red Dwarf? If not, why not? :catrd: