• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you subscribed to WWE Network?

Are you subscribed to WWE Network?

• Total voters

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
I subscribed in February or March of this year. I never watch the on demand content but the live stream is pretty good, a lot of original programming, plus they got NXT and the PPV's. It's $11.99 in Canada though, not $9.99.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've had it since it came out and don't see myself getting rid of it ever. I like watching the PPVs and I really like watching the old content. I wish they would put more RAW and Nitro episodes on it. Regardless, I think it's easily worth what it offers.

I also have NJPW World which definitely provides better live content since the current wrestling is better. But seriously, $20 altogether for both networks a month is great for me

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I've had it since it came out and don't see myself getting rid of it ever. I like watching the PPVs and I really like watching the old content. I wish they would put more RAW and Nitro episodes on it. Regardless, I think it's easily worth what it offers.

I also have NJPW World which definitely provides better live content since the current wrestling is better. But seriously, $20 altogether for both networks a month is great for me

Total sidenote, but is the NJPW World service content available with English commentary? I don't speak Japanese.

As to the OP, I said yes and I think it's worth it. I've been on a kick to watch every Wrestlemania this summer (for example) and it's $10/month, which is not exactly what I'd call a huge expense. I spend more money on coffee every week, so that's not a big deal.

wk

Reactions: I'll See Ya Kia

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Total sidenote, but is the NJPW World service content available with English commentary? I don't speak Japanese.

As to the OP, I said yes and I think it's worth it. I've been on a kick to watch every Wrestlemania this summer (for example) and it's $10/month, which is not exactly what I'd call a huge expense. I spend more money on coffee every week, so that's not a big deal.

wk

No, they only have it with Japanese commentary at the moment. I think they should provide English because it would only widen their fanbase.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No, they only have it with Japanese commentary at the moment. I think they should provide English because it would only widen their fanbase.

Sorry for barging in, but just thought I should mention that the guys that are currently providing English commentary for NJPW on AXS TV (Barnett and Ranallo) are pretty awesome and they should be hired by New Japan to do all of their events.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Does WWE Network not have any RAW's or Smackdown's at all? Is there any ECW on the WWE Network?
It depends on what year it is mainly. Some years have 10+ episodes, some have 3-5, and a lot of them have none at all. That was the most annoying thing about it to me. I wanted to binge watch WCW 1996+ at one point, but they lacked too many episodes to really be able to get the full experience. Yeah though, there's a lot of ECW.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It depends on what year it is mainly. Some years have 10+ episodes, some have 3-5, and a lot of them have none at all. That was the most annoying thing about it to me. I wanted to binge watch WCW 1996+ at one point, but they lacked too many episodes to really be able to get the full experience. Yeah though, there's a lot of ECW.

Yeah that's the most aggravating thing about it. They have only a small handful of Nitro episodes from only 1995 and 1996. There are more Raw years represented, but still not all the episodes in a year. It's annoying if you're following a story line and all of a sudden the next episode isn't there.

It's pretty silly because I know there have to be people who would want to relive certain nights of the Monday Night War. I've even gone back to watch the Attitude Era since I missed it the first time (most of it). But you can't do it straight through on the network.

Reactions: Rogue

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I wonder if maybe they would do so for an extra fee? They could think to add more episodes based on the plan you have subscribed to. They could have a deluxe package, a diamond, a ruby package or whatever. It would be their choice on name and price and each person could sign up for a plan containing more episodes if they can purchase it.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Yeah that's the most aggravating thing about it. They have only a small handful of Nitro episodes from only 1995 and 1996. There are more Raw years represented, but still not all the episodes in a year. It's annoying if you're following a story line and all of a sudden the next episode isn't there.

It's pretty silly because I know there have to be people who would want to relive certain nights of the Monday Night War. I've even gone back to watch the Attitude Era since I missed it the first time (most of it). But you can't do it straight through on the network.
You'd think that the WWE would realize that a big selling point of the Network for a lot of consumers is the fact that you would be able to go back and watch the old content in a certain order, not what original programming they have. The ability to pay 10$ a month for the PPVs and watch NXT is enough for a ton of people sure, but there is a large portion who used to watch wrestling that want to use it to relieve certain memories they have. And then there's the people who didn't get to watch certain stuff that want to go back and see what it was all about. What's the point of those people even buying the Network when they aren't able to use it for the main reasons they want? Especially when there's numerous sites now that they are able to go back and get their fill with, for free nonetheless.

Reactions: I'll See Ya Kia

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I wonder if maybe they would do so for an extra fee? They could think to add more episodes based on the plan you have subscribed to. They could have a deluxe package, a diamond, a ruby package or whatever. It would be their choice on name and price and each person could sign up for a plan containing more episodes if they can purchase it.

Only problem with that is if they begin using different pricing plans and find out people are willing to pay more money for more content, they would be likely to put things that are now accessible to people paying 10 bucks into higher price plans.

I actually think that they will eventually add more episodes on the network.

Also I wonder if they might be hesitant to put a lot more of the Nitro episodes of the intense part of the war because WWE hasn't really been completely truthful about the war.