Are you ready for next generation consoles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
A year ago, I was saying now but this generation has grown tired and stale thanks to money diming publishers, shit sequels after shit sequels and the frustrating limitations of the current consoles. I don't see graphics improving much but everything else has so much to improve. We can get consistent higher framerates, zero lag, fast loading times, cloud space with no hard drive limitations, new xbox using blu ray so we get bigger(and better games), etc.

I thinks this generation can rest well after Halo 4, God of War Ascension, Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us. Time to upgrade.

Is anyone else ready?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
New Xbox is using blu ray? I thought I read it wasn't getting it.

Anyways, yes, I've been ready for next gen consoles for a couple years now.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It's more of a money issue than anything. I'm ready, but there's about 500 red flags with Sony potentially overpricing the PS4, and I dread what their idea is for that, as well as how they've been terrible with so many failed (and future failed) gimmicks. More wonderbooks. And i'm not going to switch over to XBOX whatever.

I feel really old, I remember when the PS3 came out like it was yesterday, I don't feel like it's been that long. It has, and it's honestly probably time for the next-gen, but it really doesn't feel like it has been that long.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Well, the problem with next gen is that discs are going to be obsolete, even blu ray game discs. The problem is they can pack either more graphics, or more story, but a mix of the two isn't much of an improvement on what they were doing with late-stage PS2 games. The next gen, with discs being obsolete, means they can pack more graphics and more story into games, which means memory is going to have to be fucking incredible, which means the price of the systems is going to either double, or even triple.

I'm all for it in the long run, but then again, the games themselves are only going to get more expensive. What scares me most about next gen, is how you make it your bread and butter on top of titles... and that comes down to features of the systems themselves... likely where the majority of the focus on everything falls on features like 3D gaming, or Move/Kinect type shit... and that's not something I'm looking forward to, at all.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
There's NO CHANCE that prices rise that high, Flywalker, unless it's the end of the line for Microsoft or Sony. The Wii-U won't be more than 600 dollars, and a $1000+ console would be doomed to Sega Saturn status or worse. Sony might follow that strategy because they want to get rid of discs and they're run like shit and greedy, but that just means they'll lose out even worse than with the PS3, then come back down to meet the standard, again. Microsoft's run too well to do something that stupid as to price themselves out of the market. 800 dollars at most and that's probably a large stretch.

The one positive of the next gen is that it will make deals on a stockpile of PS2 or PS3 games more appealing.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^You say the price is too high, but you're talking completely trumping desktop memory with the next gen if you scrap discs altogether and want to increase the quality of graphics AND stories in games... unless people are going to pay for cloud storage (which won't be free since it will be the alternative to paying for hard memory in the console itself).

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Sony won't try like you said and scrap discs and add in a bunch of power. But Game Informer's reported it's all but a guarantee that XBOX is going to Blu-Ray, so 500-600 dollars is a fair expecting price for that. Tell me, who would pay 1500 dollars for a PS4 when the box and Wii-U are 400-600 dollars? It'd be company suicide! And they've gotten so much bad publicity this generation for everything, they can't afford to overprice themselves out again, especially by that much. If they did, they'd have to face the harsh reality that people aren't willing to pay that much, and then be forced to drop down their price even further than the competition, to try to erase the stink they've accumulated, which wouldn't work.

Long story short, Flywalker, i'm not saying you're wrong with Sony doing that...i'm saying that if you're right, and the PS4 is over 1000 dollars, it will be a catastrophe for Sony games, and I don't want to see that happen.