Are you happy with the "pay off" we're most likely getting with Bryan and HHH?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
They do typically prefer the world title to headline their landmark anniversary shows (Bret/Yoko at WM10, HHH/HBK/Benoit at WM20), but then there's a first time for everything. Plus, being fair, there's only been two 10-year anniversary shows anyway. It also used to be tradition (albeit only for a short time) that even with two world championships, the Rumble winner would still get to be the one to headline Wrestlemania but they killed that tradition starting with 2006 (Wrestlemania 22.) They could do the same here with having either Triple H/Daniel Bryan headline (most likely, especially given that this is the match that people will be the most emotionally invested in) or even Brock/Taker.

Plus, I've been saying for all these months how I find it improbable that Orton, even with the world title(s) over his shoulders, will end up higher on the card than Triple H does given that HHH has been more of the main heel/antagonist these past several months than Orton has been. I know Triple H hasn't exactly been heelish these past few months, but at the drop of a hat, he can easily get more heat from the audience if he wants to than Orton ever could and the way this whole Authority storyline began was with Triple H (along with Orton) going heel again for the first time in nearly a decade. So yeah, Triple H's match and feud, especially if it's against the company's most popular babyface, is infinitely more important than Orton/Batista for the title. As we should surely all know by now, the championship match isn't always the most important match on the card, whether they intend it to be or not.

In other words, yeah, I'm enjoying the pay off Bryan will get for all the torment HHH put him through starting at Summerslam... just as long as Bryan goes over, of course.

Reactions: Brad.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It really just sums up the entire Bryan push. He'll be in a really good spot but not the one the fans want.

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
I think it's great. What a prestigious name to put Bryan over at the biggest show of the year.

I concur with you on this Sir.

I myself am a Bryan fan and I would be pretty happy if he faced HHH at WM30 also. I do believe it would be what is "Best for Business" however for The Game to put Bryan over. I happen to believe this would be a very engaging contest that the fans would enjoy.

Besides how many PPV matches can WWE let him lose on? He has lost in 4 of the past 5 PPV's he has appeared on (Lost at; Hell in a Cell, TLC, Rumble and EC). The only win coming over the Wyatt's with CM Punk at Survivor Series. Winning at WM30 against HHH would maybe redeem those loses.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Well seeing how 75% of the backstage WWE guys doubt Bryan will go over Triple H, I think this gif is necessary.
ai3kUTx.gif

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think Lowes cuts HHH deals on shovels considering how many he goes through.

Van Dam

Jobber
Reaction score
Bryan's time will be next year. History shows that the next generation always starts from the show after the anniversary show. Let me explain...

WrestleMania 10 had Bret/Yoko in the main event. This was a main event that had happened the year before and was between established stars. Cut to one year later and we have Diesel/HBK in the main event with HBKs star rising.

WrestleMania 20 had Eddie Guerrero Vs Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit Vs HBK Vs HHH in the World Title matches. Granted Eddie/Benoit were new to the title scene but they were still established stars who had put on A+ matches at Mania in the past. Cut to WrestleMania 21 and you have Cena/JBL and HHH/Batista. Again the rise of new stars.

I believe Bryan will face HHH and have a strong showing. He will win this match and go on to have a great year. We need to be patient. His time will come and that will be at WrestleMania 31.

Reactions: Farooq

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Fuck yeah I am. HHH vs Bryan is best case scenario....and him winning at ER is all but a guarantee.

Better match by leaps and bounds.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Bryan's time will be next year. History shows that the next generation always starts from the show after the anniversary show. Let me explain...

WrestleMania 10 had Bret/Yoko in the main event. This was a main event that had happened the year before and was between established stars. Cut to one year later and we have Diesel/HBK in the main event with HBKs star rising.

WrestleMania 20 had Eddie Guerrero Vs Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit Vs HBK Vs HHH in the World Title matches. Granted Eddie/Benoit were new to the title scene but they were still established stars who had put on A+ matches at Mania in the past. Cut to WrestleMania 21 and you have Cena/JBL and HHH/Batista. Again the rise of new stars.

I believe Bryan will face HHH and have a strong showing. He will win this match and go on to have a great year. We need to be patient. His time will come and that will be at WrestleMania 31.

Eh, the New Generation began in 1994, not '95. (Actually, it technically began in 1993 but Vince coined the term "New Generation" on Raw a couple of weeks after Wrestlemania X in '94.) Shawn Michaels' star was on the rise by Wrestlemania 11 but he didn't actually win the championship until Wrestlemania 12 in '96. Plus, what about the Attitude Era? Wrestlemania 13/14 is it's starting point and neither event took place a year after any anniversary of Mania.

I don't think WM31 is gonna be Bryan's year personally, especially with someone like Reigns on the rise. And to be honest, I probably won't even care as much by then to see Bryan be made champion anymore (being honest, if we weren't so desperate for new stars and if it wasn't something the fans so clearly wanted, I wouldn't be all that tremendously excited about seeing him be made champion now.)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Wouldn't even mind it if they held off on giving Bryan the title until SummerSlam. That would be a full year since the start, and on a bigger, more important stage than some random B PPV.

Punk returning on the Post-WM RAW as a heel, attacking Bryan (very easy to set-up in terms of storylines) is what I'd like to see. Bryan beats Punk in a hardcore match at ER, Punk beats Bryan in a rematch at Payback in Chicago. Then Bryan "retires" Punk with his contract about to expire at MITB. Bryan can win a multi-man match at Battleground that makes him #1 contender, before winning the title at SummerSlam.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I still stand by that facing (especially if he somehow wins) HHH is a much bigger deal than competing for the title at Mania. Whether WWE meant to or not, Taker & HHH are now more important than the title, and IMO DB getting a win over HHH is BIGGER than beating shitfuck Orton for the title that Orton is dragging through the mud currently.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I still stand by that facing (especially if he somehow wins) HHH is a much bigger deal than competing for the title at Mania. Whether WWE meant to or not, Taker & HHH are now more important than the title, and IMO DB getting a win over HHH is BIGGER than beating shitfuck Orton for the title that Orton is dragging through the mud currently.
and him going over the authority in total will make his title win at ER the final piece, unless people were expecting DB to face HHH only after winning the belt?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

if you're right and I hope you are, im glad im getting tickets to mania 31

Reactions: Van Dam

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Anyone still hating on this feud after Raw? I thought there was some amazing build up for this match.

Reactions: edge4ever