Are We All Idiots?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DeadTaker

Reaction score
WWE is a buisness, a buisness focuses on the main people that buy their product. Young males (and they seem to get younger) are the people that watch WWE, sadly. Little boys want Cena, Hornswoggle, DX, and other you mentioned. WWE can't please everyone, and sadly people like me, and you are one's they failed to please. THEY BETTER NOT SCREW HART'S RETURN!

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I will say this if I had bought tickets to the past two RAWs I would have been pissed off and demanded a refund.

oh and Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart's return.

LKP

^^^ Agreed

Bret Hart being named as the Jan 4th host kinda spoilt it all. But would people tune into raw to see who the special guest host was? I would not id rather watch tna knowing hogan was there. So the ratings for both shows should be interesting.

The Rated R CMStar

Of course they have to announce Bret Hart being the guest host for Jan 4th.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
All the 8 year old kids would be like "Bret Hart, who's that? I hope Hornswoggle sticks a tomato up his butt! Hehehe, I said butt!"

xtremebadass

Times change and so does wrestling. Nothing stays the same. WWE wants fans to stick around forever, but they can't stay the same consistantly. So this make some fans leave, but other new fans could come into the mix. WWE always tries its best to do what they think is right to achieve the goals they want. It's really up to the fan to watch or not. If you don't like the product, then tune into Monday Night Football. If you don't like it but still watch it, well good for you. If you like the product, then yes...you are an idiot.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I watch it week in week out and i dont like what i see week in week out. I also buy every PPV every month too. But thats just me I've watched since like forever and will continue to. Granted most of this year has been shite but there have been some good things too. Guess I'm just old school. But TBH IL watch every week good or bad thats me. There is a lot of things i dont like and would change but cant. But i do have faith that Some time soon we will see the best of wwe like back in the attitude ere. Them days will come again. but until that day i will watch what ever they put on now.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
people will always complain about stuff. Politics, people complain, but don't do anything. Main sports like the MLB and NBA, people complain so much, but always come back. Even TV, sometimes we watch shows that are going downhill. along with the WWE, all those things are for our entertainment. there always will be a market for wrestling, even with competition and scandals. no matter how bad things can get and how much people bitch and moan, people still will watch. it's entertainment.

Reaction score
I think it's cause we had the pleasure of having higher standards of shows from the wrestling promotions. Better than the ones we see now, Not to mention that maybe it's the time frame and how it's evolved to a new era. I and maybe most of the guys ranting about the WWE now most probably were the ones who's witnessed first hand the Attitude Era and the eras before them. I personally started watching wrestling at Wrestlemania 14 which was about a little before or after the Attitude Era was rising so that era is what I consider "my era". You know how our fathers generation had The Von Erichs, The Funks, Brusier Brody. That was "their" generation.

It's like I grew accustom to watching The Rock vs Stone Cold, SCSA vs Undertaker main events while now we got the never ending Orton vs Cena. It think it's cause the times have gone by and we've known more about wrestling and our standards have gotten higher. I honestly didn't really watch the wrestling as a kid but just enjoyed the storylines. As time passed by that's when I started enjoying the matches themselves and appreciating them. I thinks thats the reason why I enjoy ROH so much.

I dunno but yeah, I believe it's cause it's just not the era we've grown acustom to anymore and we've gotten more knowledge about Pro Wrestling. Not to mention all the politics in wrestling that we used to never care about.

SnackZ

Reaction score
not gonna read through all the replies but something helping the ratings could be DVR, alot of us may not watch Raw or SD live or SD at all with spoilers and all but I for one have Raw and SD setup to record on DVR every week on 2 different tv's. I watch Raw starting at like 10:30 and I am live at about 11:05, cut through all the bs. I rarely watch SD unless I see the spoilers saying something awesome happened.

And just for the record, last nights Raw (with Timbaland as host) was decent in my eyes, actually watched it all the way through, liking Legacy proving themselves w/o Orton's help, loved Vince/HBK segment, loved the fact that Shaemus (sp?) actually retained and laid Cena out. Looking forward to the in ring moment next week between HBK and Bret Hart SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, like I'm back in the late 90's early 2000's. I am so watching it live. And everyone here knows I love Hogan but not even he can get me to watch TNA next Monday (live that is, DVR will be working on that, lol).