Anyone watch CMLL or AAA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I'm a huge Lucha Libre fan; been watching CMLL and AAA for more than a year or so since our cable has been receiving more channels, especially spanish ones. I find I'm one of the few lucha fans on some of the huge wrestling forums I venture into, although I find a few others, infrequently of course. I want to order the Legendary Battles of Triplemania from AAA, one of the few US PPVs they seem to have, but no money, unfortunately.

So, for any other lucha fans, who are your favorites? I'll name mine.

Cibernetico
He's surely becoming one of my favorites. He has a presence in the ring and although he's no high flyer, he can still hold his own in the ring quite well. I like his matches against El Mesias.

Mistico
I've fallen in love with this guy's work; he's swift, and can work a good crowd.

Dos Caras Jr.
I wonder what he'll do now that he's signed with WWE. I hope he's not jobbed out to the big guys, as he can hold his own in the ring and is pretty versatile.

Blue Panther
I've been watching this guy's matches on Youtube, and they're amazing. His matche with Ultimo Dragon was just AMAZING, and it's unfortunate he doesn't receive as much credit as he should. He's a great technico, for sure.

LA Park
The original La Parka; I remember him in the WCW days and I loved the character. It sucks he can't use his name in Mexico, as it's copyrighted by AAA and used by another luchadore, though.

El Elegido
This guy's hilarious; the dances he performs before matches are just gold. I see some potential in him, and the fans (particularly the women) seem to be warming up to him.

1chiban

Reaction score
If they showed this type of stuff in the UK I would watch. Unfortunately our FIGHT network is reduced to 3-year-old Ring of Honor and Lithuanian Womens' Honey Wrestling (no joke) :x

Moonlight Drive

^^I've seen the honey wrestling ROFL. It used to be on Channel V

But I would watch these promotions more than likely, but we don't get much wrestling here in Aus (Hell, we only got Impact this year) and I hate wtaching matches on YouTube. I'm too easily distracted

1chiban

Reaction score
You get WWE don't you?

WCW Rules

Reaction score
AAA's on every Sunday over here in the US, on Galavision I think, or Telemundo, either one. CMLL is more inconsistent, as I haven't seen a show from CMLL in about a month. Don't know why, unless AAA replaced it. AAA's gimmicks are a little outlandish, like Zombie Clown (funny as hell) and Alan Stone (narcissist) along with Billy Boy and quite a few others. Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Vampiro, and Kenzo Suzuki wrestle for AAA as well.

Moonlight Drive

We get WWE, we have for a while. Tna is on at Saturday nights at 10, but WWE is replayed twice a week for every show

I just want some RoH PPV's though. But AAA or CMLL wouldn't be too bad, although I can't think of a channel which would broadcast them here

1chiban

Reaction score
it's annoying for us - TFN in its old incarnation as The Wrestling Channel over here, was the first UK broadcaster to show ROH, TNA, NOAH with TNA being delayed by only a week eventually. Then Bravo picked it up with only a two-day delay, with a 3 day delay for the TNA ppvs.

I'd like to have ROH PPVs too, but our system doesn't work like America's where there are multiple PPV outlets that all show the big events. We have three - Virgin Media who show ppv films, and Sky who have the rights to all the WWE and show that, boxing, films etc on Sky Box Office. They would not be allowed to take another wrestling promotion on (even if they are happy to advertise the TNA tour in ad breaks during WWE programming can't imagine WWE will be very happy there). The third is Setanta Sports - which shows soccer/football, boxing as well as holding the exclusive rights to UFC over here. More minor promotions like Chick Fight and XCW are shown on this video gaming channel called Pulse, with TFN making up the rest - with only poor British wrestling, poor MMA, old ROH and some retro British and St Louis wrestling. Setanta should take up ROH imo lol. Or Eurosport which used to show NJPW I believe. Grr!!!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I watch AAA from time to time on Saturdays, but I can't really get into it. The wrestling is great at times, but at others, it's just so bad. But the thing I like about lucha is that the line between faces and heels is so defined, that the announcers tell the fans "cheer for him". and even when someone like Teddy Hart does something crazy, they're dead silent because he's a rudo.

Soulpower

I've only watched AAA a handful of times. However, I usually watch CMLL each week. Its only a one-hour show, but we always get a lot of wrestling in those 60 minutes. One thing that has stood out from CMLL to me is.... Marco Corleone. Better known to some people as Mark Jindrak. The man has improved a lot since his WWE run, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get picked up by either the E or TNA in the future.

For those wondering, CMLL airs on Fox Sports en Español.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I wanted to watch CMLL but I don't know Spanish too well.. i've seen some AAA matches but didnt know what was going on.