Anyone else...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
Let's hit some chair shots on legends and coincidentally on a guy who needed to be hospitalized just days after, just showing you how in great shape they all are. Sure, that sounds like an idea.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So just because they aren't using weapons, it's a "watered-down" attack?
No, it's a watered down attack because they can't choke a guy with his tie, can't beat up the camera-man (who probably got a nice bonus to take that spot), can't crash a car (when that spot was clearly not the idea of Nexus ON THE SPOT), can't draw any blood anywhere... I mean, these guys have now resorted to a 3-1 pummel, then a 6/7-1 pummel, then a clothesline, a fireman slam, and a 450 splash... sure, the stomping sells as a "brutal" attack... but 3 moves that could be done in a match week after week in a feud to the same person who can come back without being phased by those moves the following week? You can't sell that, and everyone knows it. Just ease up on the leash a bit... have a chairshot or two...

Let's hit some chair shots on legends and coincidentally on a guy who needed to be hospitalized just days after, just showing you how in great shape they all are. Sure, that sounds like an idea.
My point wasn't about the Legends (I did just make it clear it was edgy that they even slammed AA into the ringpost)... just the attacks in general (particularly on Cena). If Sheamus can bring a steel pipe to scare 'em off... it should only make sense they find some sort of equalizer >_> in case the steel pipe does happen to get used on someone. Again, when these guys face even numbers, all I can imagine is a squash.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So just because they aren't using weapons, it's a "watered-down" attack?
No, it's a watered down attack because they can't choke a guy with his tie, can't beat up the camera-man (who probably got a nice bonus to take that spot), can't crash a car (when that spot was clearly not the idea of Nexus ON THE SPOT), can't draw any blood anywhere... I mean, these guys have now resorted to a 3-1 pummel, then a 6/7-1 pummel, then a clothesline, a fireman slam, and a 450 splash... sure, the stomping sells as a "brutal" attack... but 3 moves that could be done in a match week after week in a feud to the same person who can come back without being phased by those moves the following week? You can't sell that, and everyone knows it. Just ease up on the leash a bit... have a chairshot or two...

My point wasn't about the Legends (I did just make it clear it was edgy that they even slammed AA into the ringpost)... just the attacks in general (particularly on Cena). If Sheamus can bring a steel pipe to scare 'em off... it should only make sense they find some sort of equalizer >_> in case the steel pipe does happen to get used on someone. Again, when these guys face even numbers, all I can imagine is a squash.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well maybe no one wants to take a chairshot to the hed every week lol. Maybe no one wants to have to blade every week.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well maybe no one wants to take a chairshot to the hed every week lol. Maybe no one wants to have to blade every week.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

I didn't say chairshot to the head (plenty of other body parts to take a chairshot and sell a nice "injury") every week.. or that every attack had to have blood. But a random spot here and their with either of those options would make Nexus seem all the more dangerous and "unpredictable".

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

I didn't say chairshot to the head (plenty of other body parts to take a chairshot and sell a nice "injury") every week.. or that every attack had to have blood. But a random spot here and their with either of those options would make Nexus seem all the more dangerous and "unpredictable".

Airfixx

Reaction score
when [Nexus] face even numbers, all I can imagine is a squash.

^^^This.

Said it already, and I don't care how much ratings-related smark-dom you may choose to counter with, but the fact that so many people have so eagerly bought into the NXT 'Invasion' thing is actually more a reflection on how little creative muscle has been flexed for some time rather than a true reflection on the quality of the angle itself... Not saying it can't go anywhere and I'm sincerely trying to reserve my judgement and hoping for the best, but all I'm seeing is weekly run-ins by a bunch of jobbers that will come unstuck against the 'main roster' as soon as the odds are a bit more even. The initial outcry from many here after the initial attack prematurely declaring it to be the best angle of the last 5-10 years is/was absolute hysteria.

A more general personal opinion here, but the investment of time required to watch all WWE programming (20 1/2 hours WITHOUT ads!!!!) just isn't worth it these days... Watching the monthly PPV along with a brief flick through the odd TV show and I'm JUST ABOUT mananaging to still consider myself a WWE fan...

...Why?

Creative sucks... It seems like they're continually just slinging stuff about to see what sticks, but never sticking with the guys they've pushed in order for them to get over to the desired degree and on the occassions that they have, booking has been so 'un-commmited' that it has still failed (Look no further than Sheamus.... Thanks god for HHH saving his ass!). The only partial excuse I could take on a creative level is that the gimmick PPVs are completely strangling the potential to give us any decently, logically developing fueds, but truth be known the problem pre-dates the gimmick PPVs anyway.

Additionally, I absolutely fucking HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this bullshit where they're stopping the matches if, god forbid, anyone does pick up a cut during a match.... I mean are we potentially gonna see them derail and ruin a WM ME just cos of a fucking cut?????? Outlawing blading is one thing, but a pissy little 'injury' (in the loosest sense of the word) in what is a live CONTACT 'sporting' event isn't contravening a PG-rating criteria at all...

Airfixx

Reaction score
when [Nexus] face even numbers, all I can imagine is a squash.

^^^This.

Said it already, and I don't care how much ratings-related smark-dom you may choose to counter with, but the fact that so many people have so eagerly bought into the NXT 'Invasion' thing is actually more a reflection on how little creative muscle has been flexed for some time rather than a true reflection on the quality of the angle itself... Not saying it can't go anywhere and I'm sincerely trying to reserve my judgement and hoping for the best, but all I'm seeing is weekly run-ins by a bunch of jobbers that will come unstuck against the 'main roster' as soon as the odds are a bit more even. The initial outcry from many here after the initial attack prematurely declaring it to be the best angle of the last 5-10 years is/was absolute hysteria.

A more general personal opinion here, but the investment of time required to watch all WWE programming (20 1/2 hours WITHOUT ads!!!!) just isn't worth it these days... Watching the monthly PPV along with a brief flick through the odd TV show and I'm JUST ABOUT mananaging to still consider myself a WWE fan...

...Why?

Creative sucks... It seems like they're continually just slinging stuff about to see what sticks, but never sticking with the guys they've pushed in order for them to get over to the desired degree and on the occassions that they have, booking has been so 'un-commmited' that it has still failed (Look no further than Sheamus.... Thanks god for HHH saving his ass!). The only partial excuse I could take on a creative level is that the gimmick PPVs are completely strangling the potential to give us any decently, logically developing fueds, but truth be known the problem pre-dates the gimmick PPVs anyway.

Additionally, I absolutely fucking HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this bullshit where they're stopping the matches if, god forbid, anyone does pick up a cut during a match.... I mean are we potentially gonna see them derail and ruin a WM ME just cos of a fucking cut?????? Outlawing blading is one thing, but a pissy little 'injury' (in the loosest sense of the word) in what is a live CONTACT 'sporting' event isn't contravening a PG-rating criteria at all...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
YES! YES! YES! Dude, I've seen people avoid ANY dangerous element of a match just out of fear that the spot might lead to a cut.........

.......what I myself can pinpoint it to, is an accident in TNA where Joe hit the steps awkwardly and shot blood out of his forehead - and ever since that moment, I've seen WWE Superstars far more cautious than ever to take a chance where something might happen, and what I mean is OVERPROTECTING with the hands in order to not make contact with the head. It's gotten downright ridiculous. We used to call those BOTCHES... now we have people who see the shit happen over and over again and want to say the product in-ring is getting better? Sure with matches becoming the focus over the storylines... matches have been a bit more entertaining... but I'm glad Fixx sees this same problem... gives me hope that more of you actually understand how WATERED DOWN the 'E has become.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
YES! YES! YES! Dude, I've seen people avoid ANY dangerous element of a match just out of fear that the spot might lead to a cut.........

.......what I myself can pinpoint it to, is an accident in TNA where Joe hit the steps awkwardly and shot blood out of his forehead - and ever since that moment, I've seen WWE Superstars far more cautious than ever to take a chance where something might happen, and what I mean is OVERPROTECTING with the hands in order to not make contact with the head. It's gotten downright ridiculous. We used to call those BOTCHES... now we have people who see the shit happen over and over again and want to say the product in-ring is getting better? Sure with matches becoming the focus over the storylines... matches have been a bit more entertaining... but I'm glad Fixx sees this same problem... gives me hope that more of you actually understand how WATERED DOWN the 'E has become.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
RKO Legacy,

You've kinda proved my point. You say that it would be far more intimidating if say Nexus all circled the ring with chairs and weapons in hand but if Nexus was say, made to look bad ass and had that continue on the weapons aren't necessary.

Throwing out gimmicks, weapons and blood in an effort to cover up the big flaws in an angle is simply a cheap bandage on an already badly written story. Nexus should look like dangerous motherfuckers just on their own so that when and if they ever do bust out the weapons it comes off as a desperate escalation and not just, meh, let's give them chairs.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
I really haven't watched any of the WWE events in about 4 months but when i watched it tonight this one show reminded me why I stopped. I can tollorate the PG booking ( somewhat ) but the thing that has really gotten to me are the damn themed PPV's. MITB should NEVER have gotten it's own PPV, the reason MITB was such a success was because you could see it at Wrestlemania were everybody has to step up their game. Making MITB just a regular PPV takes away the excitement that normally comes from the hype and energy during Wrestlemania build-up.

Another thing that's gotten to me is this NXT/Nexus waste of time. NXT was a joke, the only guy on the original roster worthy of a WWE contract got jobbed like shit for no reason. Let's add in the fact that the second season started WAY to soon. While the first season had plenty of hype that needed to die off, it caused the second season of NXT to basically be ignored. Nexus completely defeated the entire point of only one person winning and recieving a contract when they all ended up getting hired anyway. Seeing as they haven't proved themselves being able to do anything in solo action and so far none of them have cut a decent promo yet, Nexus just has no right being in the business. The main issue I have with Nexus is the fact that they are being pushed to quickly in to short of a time. Tonights episode of raw just proved this point clearly, a group of jobbers shouldn't even come close to being able to step into the ring with Edge, Jericho, Hart, ( and even though i hate to say it) Cena.

Honestly the best thing WWE has done in a while was give Kane a world title but with how booking has been lately they're most likely going to fuck Kane over.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I really haven't watched any of the WWE events in about 4 months but when i watched it tonight this one show reminded me why I stopped.

NXT was a joke, the only guy on the original roster worthy of a WWE contract got jobbed like shit for no reason. Let's add in the fact that the second season started WAY to soon.

While the first season had plenty of hype that needed to die off, it caused the second season of NXT to basically be ignored. Nexus completely defeated the entire point of only one person winning and recieving a contract when they all ended up getting hired anyway.

Seeing as they haven't proved themselves being able to do anything in solo action and so far none of them have cut a decent promo yet, Nexus just has no right being in the business.

Honestly the best thing WWE has done in a while was give Kane a world title but with how booking has been lately they're most likely going to fuck Kane over.

For someone who hasn't watched anything in 4 months and only caught tonight, you sure "know" a whole lot about what's going on.

Like, how would you know any of them "got jobbed"? How would you know the second season is ignored, or the first season had hype? How would you know they haven't proven themselves in solo action? How would you know about promos? How would you know Kane's title is the best thing they've done in a while?

None of Nexus have really been jobbed. The second season isn't really being ignored. Tough Enough didn't get more hype as the years went on, it became lackluster TBH. Tonight, Wade actually did prove himself in solo action. They've had a couple decent promos, Wade is a beast, Tarver actually did alright on the mic tonight.

Come on son, your points are moot.