Anyone else sick of the comparisons between The Attitude Era to today's wrestling ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I am, I became a WWF/WWE fan because of The Attitude Era and I get that it has to do with what you personally enjoy. But I noticed whenever somebody sees anything that "sucks" in today's era, it's always compared to what was around in the past. Completely forgetting that what's around today didn't exist until recently, the product in the late 1990's was more raunchy and adult oriented with the blood and the sexual innuendos, the cursing and extremely violent matches. Today they've cleaned up a lot of that because there's no reason to have it anymore, the WWE did it at the time when they were competing against WCW and ECW to get more views on the product. The internet also wasn't a big deal like it is now. The views didn't come from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram the WWE Network or Twitter because there was no such thing, you had to actually watch the show on TV or if your friends and family told you about it or you found out about it through magazines or newspapers. So it's an unfair comparison.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The Attitude Era had more interesting characters & Stories...
but the quality of wrestling is better these days.

I just wish the WWE let their performers actually play
characters & told some interesting stories.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I grew up in the attitude era. It got out of hand near the end. Just silly shock value and a lot of poor wrestling.

I will always remember it, but I don’t want it back. I want my boy to be able to watch wrestling without his mother fussing about it being inappropriate.