Anyone else bored with Smackdown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
I haven't watched but bits and pieces of it the past few weeks because it's been so damn repetitive.

Stealing this from Carnage who pointed this out to me but every fucking week the show starts the same damn way. Two wrestlers arguing and suddenly Teddy Long appears and makes a match.

Blah.

Can't they mix it up at least a little bit?

And Mark Henry's boring as hell to watch. Even more boring than Big Show, if that's possible. While Orton and Christian are fun to watch when they're wrestling each other, their promos have been fucking awful in terms of trying to pump this match up.

And they're facing each other for what, the seventeenth time?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Woah Woah Woah...

I agree about Teddy making matches but that's him and he's done that for the past... 5 or more years? But I agree they should just mix it up a little... Or better, make a fatal four way happen. I'd love to see Bryan vs. Christian, Barrett vs. Orton, Sheamus vs. Sin Cara.

Mark Henry isn't boring man, his match against Kane was probably one of the best 2 big guys going off at each other... Henry's decent in the ring and to be honest, he's very under-rated. He works matches well and this heel stuff he's using now is amazing. I've always been a fan of Henry

But they do need to switch stuff up, Sheamus or Barrett face turn would be win... SD is overstacked with heels

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like Smackdown better than Raw and TNA.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
In the past I have always liked SD better than Raw, just because it has been more focused on wrestling, and hasn't relied so much on just one big name to carry it, but at the moment I agree with Lucky Smackdown is getting boring, and Raw with stuff like the Punk thing and Miz-Riley is the far more interesting brand right now.

TheZig

Reaction score
Smackdown is overrated, Hear me out for a second. The show has always been rated the 'B' brand but has better quality wrestling which is obvious. But the problem is the show has no structure thats how i feel when im watching. In wrestling you need a healthy balance of stories which create conflict and so on and then the wrestling itself. Both shows are lacking then you have TNA who over complicate pretty much everything they do...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The repetition on Smackdown is hurting it for me. Orton and Christian have had some great matches but this feud has continued too long with Orton getting the upper hand all the time.

I disagree with the Mark Henry comments. I think that he has been one of the positives on the show, his heel turn has been great and he actually looks like a monster now. Smackdown struggles because there are no top faces other than Orton, Kane is the next in line but they aren't doing enough to create more face stars on the show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like the fact that Smackdown has more matches per show than any other wrestling show on TV.

I watch wrestling for actual matches. I don't get invested in the soap aspect of it. And if it gets too ludicrous I lose interest. Also like SMackdown because it's the closest thing I can get to an old school program. Wrestling mixed in with interviews and promos. Not just promos and bad acting.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
If you love the extensive in-ring action that Smackdown obviously has, you might as well start watching WWE Superstars when you can. I watched Superstars a few times, and both times I was not disappointed with the in-ring performance.

Smackdown has a bit better balance of faces and heels than before. Zeke, Sin Cara, Bryan, Orton, Kane, Big Show (not sure on which brand he is) are faces; Justin Gabriel works as a face on tours.

The structure is a bit off, and it does seem like the creative just smacks match-ups together every week, as if they did it an hour before the show.

Let's see the storylines:
Orton v Christian - getting a bit old. The promos don't seem as real anymore, but the in-ring chemistry from the two is great.
Zeke v Barret - this is seemingly getting cut. Wasn't great.
Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara v Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr. - great action. Should eventually turn into Rhodes v DiBiase Jr., and I'm interested.
Mark Henry v Big Show, Kane - good big wrestlers' feud. Henry is truly a monster as heel.
Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater v The Usos - mini in-ring feud. Might be cut as soon as the next Smackdown. Great action.
Anything else I missed?

We have yet to see a feud involving Jinder Mahal & Khali, and Johny Curtis.

The feuds aren't bad, but whats cool is that they don't involve too much talking (except the Orton/Christian feud).

I think Smackdown needs a new main event feud; WWE should move on from the Orton/Christian feud, or at least spice it up a bit. Smackdown also can use more creative booking. It might be sufficient for WWE to use Smackdown as the testing ground for some creative and out of the box booking; that's if WWE has any ideas of that sort.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
SD has always been somewhat boring to me. I still watch it religiously, anyways, but, yeah, I am not really as interested in it as Raw. They got a lot of big names handed to them at the draft but it still isn't that great....the only thing I really find somewhat appealing is the Orton/Christian feud. I am also a fan of Sin Cara. Besides that, meh, SD is just....SD.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You could make a case for Smackdown having the greater talent overall than raw, but at the moment they just are not being used very well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well they now have a new head writer so there is a chance that the direction of the show will change in the coming months. Hopefully they start building some more faces on the show and get some more guys up to mainevent level quick so that Orton and Christian have more guys to feud with.

Seak

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes / Ted DiBiase has been a great midcard feud.
The Sin Cara build has been pretty entertaining.
The IC Title has remained a focal point since Kofi Kingston was champ.
The midcard matches on Smackdown are regularly given more time than midcard matches on RAW.

So no, to me SmackDown has not been boring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I can see what you are saying, but the fact is if you take someone like Daniel Bryan, over the last few months he has been wasted, now hopefully he is on the road back with the Cody Rhodes feud, and who knows he may even win MITB, but it is one thing to have longer matches, with better wrestlers maybe, but if the guys are not presented as major players, and they are not given interesting feuds, then big deal. For me raw is just the more interesting brand right now, and it features some good wrestling too.