Anybody notice they took JR's voice from the Raw opening?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
As seen at the top of Monday's RAW broadcast, WWE debuted a modified montage video. Among the changes were "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Buddy Rogers, Gorgeous George and Harley Race being added, but the most striking change was the removal of the voice of Jim Ross in favor of RAW announcer Michael Cole.

Concerning the modified video, Ross wrote on Twitter: "While @ gym got messages my voice was removed from Raw show open. If it matters, that's news 2 me. Been nice 2 have been informed. Oh, well." You can obviously tell he's not thrilled.

Here is the new RAW opening video:
[YT]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFYdIINA-pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I normally fast forward through the opening so I didn't notice but that sucks. Wonder why they're trying to distance themselves from JR so badly. Is it only a matter of time before Lawler is replaced also?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
so what? Last night when they were doing the MITB flashbacks, JR was on all of those.

Double J

Reaction score
Reason

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As seen at the top of last night's RAW broadcast, WWE debuted a modified montage video. Among the changes were "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Buddy Rogers, Gorgeous George and Harley Race being added, but the most striking change was the removal of the voice of Jim Ross in favor of RAW announcer Michael Cole. Ross was unaware of the change, which he noted last night on Twitter.

Ross was reportedly removed from the opening video montage as punishment for appearing on camera at UFC's 116 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas two weeks ago. Ross was interviewed on camera by Ariel Helwani of AOL Fanhouse following Brock Lesnar's victory over Shane Carwin.

While Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Paul Heyman were interviewed as well, Ross is the only one currently under contract to WWE and thus decision was made to make an example out of him.

Reaction score
That's sad. J.R. has been loyal to the company ever since he started his career in the WWE. So what if he appeared on UFC television for an interview? Come on, he's just good old J.R. :/

Travis40

Reaction score
Yeah, I really doubt that was the reason JR was removed from the opening vid. And if it is, they really made an example of him :rolleyes: Why is this such a big fucking deal? Nobody gives a shit about the opening video anyway.

Airfixx

Reaction score
so what? Last night when they were doing the MITB flashbacks, JR was on all of those.

That's entirely different. His voice in that sense is incidental and secondary to the MITB visual, rather than them using JRs voice BECASUE it is him (as they do in the montage)...

S'funny, every time they over-dub/paste something in that clip it looks/sounds shitter and shittier...

Cole deserves it anyway.

They only thing he deserves is a kick in the face!

I hate that they're pushing towards heel-dom... Now we're gonna get peeps defending him saying "if you hate him he must be doing a good job" when the truth is I hate him because he is a shit announcer and in particular has been stinking up the product since JBL left his side.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I agree about Cole, I think he needs to get out of the booth because he sucks (King needs to leave even more) but I don't think I'll want him as GM.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
JR FOR GM! JUST ALL THE MORE REASON FOR HIM TO BE THE GM AND LEADER OF NEXUS...

...they replaced him with Cole @ WrestleMania...

...they take him out of the booth to give Cole a shot on the A show...

...HBK took a stab at management to push for JR...

...Nexus fucks with Cole, and then take out Vince...

...it better be JR. If it's not, and they keep him completely in the shadows doing basically nothing, WWE can suck on my balls.