Another of Hulk Hogan's Friends to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RobyD

Reaction score
Lol. Ed Leslie hasn't had an effective name or drawn a dime since the late 80's.

I didn't say he did. I said he could be useful. You don't have to draw to be useful in the wrestling business.

Reaction score
DYOu said anyone with his "legendary status and star power". He has none. Ed Leslie hasn't been any sort of useful in over twenty years and your kidding if you think he can useful considering guys who hqave actually been relevant these twenty years have done nothing to help tna's business.

sobrdj41

Reaction score
I personally like TNA way better than the WWE right now. You can make fun of TNA & it is rightly deserved, but as bad as it is WWE is even worse right now. Hogan was a piece of Crap in the 80's & he is a piece of Crap today. He never deserved the push he got. Every match was the exact same 10 - 15 minute formula. Ric Flair on the other hand pushed the 60 minute mark during his matches on a consistent basis. Hogan & Bischoff bankrupted the WCW & they will bankrupt TNA if Dixie Carter doesn't stop them. The whole PRO Wrestling scene is in terrible shape right now. The best thing you can do is watch WWE Classics on Demand. Now that is Wrestling. Everybody knew that wrestling was not real back in the day, but at least they made some attempt to try to make it seem like it could possibly be. When Vince McMahon admitted in court that is was scripted just to save a few bucks. the whole business changed. Now they know we know it is fake so they don't even try to give any realism what so aver. A DDT used to break necks now it dosen't even phase anybody.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^I love the way that 99% of peeps, upon signing up for a wrestling forum, instantly front like they know more than any of the current members possibly could... "I come to set the IWF straight".... LOL Yeah, right!

You can make fun of TNA & it is rightly deserved, but as bad as it is WWE is even worse right now.

Without so much as an attempt to qualify this statement, it's worthless....

TNA: We're talking about a company whom 3 days before their biggest show of the year STILL have yet to announce the majority of the card. They're fucked from the top down and a few extra high spots, some blading and light cursing (when compared to WWE) isn't about to change that.

Everybody knew that wrestling was not real back in the day,

How do you account for the heels of the late 70's & 80's being attacked by knife wielding fans etc. The heels that could really work in those days would in some towns/arenas regularly fear for their lives... Doesn't sound much like the action of peeps that knew wrestling was not real to me.

...Even police who ultimately were paid to protect ALL of the wrestlers would be found to be marking out, refusing to protect the heels.

When Vince McMahon admitted in court that is was scripted just to save a few bucks. the whole business changed. Now they know we know it is fake so they don't even try to give any realism what so aver. A DDT used to break necks now it dosen't even phase anybody.

So you got peeps near killing each other on ECW in the ealy/mid 90's, all the Jap guys competing stiff and kicking out all over the place and you're blaming what became an industry-wide phenominon on WWE because of what Vince said in a courtroom some years later?

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Welcome.

Double J

Reaction score
"Starting from scratch & going NWO Style."

So we're starting over with our storylines and copying something that was done years ago and that we have already mimiced about a hundred times since then.