Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, for Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't think we should see Catwoman right after Joker. Nolan seems to have fallen into the same thing everyone else does with Superhero Flicks 2-4 villains per movie. It was decent in Begins we had Scarecrow as minor baddy and he worked for Ra's. Then we have Joker creating Harvey dent, Scarecrow in the beginning was completely unnecessary. Now we have Catwoman right after joker just like in the original trilogy but so we have Catwoman. Rumors of Ra's and Talia. Joseph Gordon Levitt play an obviously prominent character think he maybe over saturating it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How do you know it won't be as good if it has not even come out yet?

It may be great but I am not getting my hopes up. As I said I thought that Dark Knight was brilliant and I honestly don't think that they will be able to top it or even match it. I hope that I am wrong but I don't want to go into it with too high expectations.

I do like that Jospeh Gordon-Levitt is in this film as I think he will excel in his role.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To fill you in more apporpriately in between those Teen Girl movies and light harted comedies she was flashing her tits in half a dozen things. I've never really seen her do anything that has deep emotion in it so we'll see.

As far as the whole joker thing. Heath Ledger as the Joker was overrated because he died.

Excuse me, but where do you get off? I just named a number of films where she has displayed depth and which are different from the teenage girls movies she made how name in and you just disregard it just because you might not have seen them. Anyway just to sum up, Brokeback, I didn't actually think much of her in it, but might have to watch it again, however she was fantastic in Rachel Getting Married aswell as in One Day (although the film had flaws) Alice in Wonderland and this Batman film sees her once again doing something different. Ask anyone who knows anything about film and they will tell you Anne Hathaway is a good actress, Nolan would not have cast her if she was not. Also I don't agree that it is a mistake for them to follow the Joker up with Catwoman. This is Chris Nolan's last Batman film, and Catwoman is one of major characters in Batman, you cannot do the series without featuring that character.

Ledger was simply chilling as the Joker, adding a level of depth to the character which Nicolson got no where near. I would have had no problem if he had won the Oscar. The fact he saved his best performance til last and was just going to get better is one of the things which made his untimely death, so tragic.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Didn't enjoy any of the films of hers you named I've seen her in quite a number of them and have enjoyed maybe 3 she's just not interesting to me as an actress I don't know what it is but I don't believe her portrayals. And the fact that she likes to flash her tits in a lot of things because thats usually a sign of a poor actress trying to get noticed.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Like what? I have not heard about her showing her breasts in lots of things? Do you mean movies or magazines? You can't be counting sex scenes surely.

Besides we will have to just agree to differ, but its not really fair to say has not got to this position on her own merits. She never strikes me as actress looking for attention outside of her work.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Movies. Havoc. Brokeback Mountain. Love and Other drugs. etc Why not count sex scenes plenty of actresses get where they are without showing skin at least not the whole show anyway. As a film student her work doesn't impress me, as a film nut her work doesn't impress me, as a horny male I'm impressed.