Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, for Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
rsc1a1.jpg

thoughts?

i wasn't sure about anne when i heard her being cast, but i'm gonna wait until i see what she brings before passing anymore judgement

Kairi

Reaction score
Anne Hathaway was expected to kick butt as Catwoman in the latest Batman movie, and apparently she's taking the role very seriously.

While filming The Dark Knight Rises, the actress, 28, accidentally gave a stuntman a black eye when she hit him with the butt of a gun prop during a fight scene.

"Anne was mortified," a source on-set of the Christopher Nolan-directed film tells U.K.'s The Sun newspaper. Added a source: "It was all in good humor, but the poor guy took quite a pummeling."

So how did the starlet apologize?

A silver pen – with a special message: "Remember no one packs a punch like Anne," the engraving reads.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well Michelle Phifer will be a tough act to follow, but Hathaway is an actress improving all the time and it will be interestng to see what she does with the character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have never seen her do any action scenes so I will be interested in seeing how she goes with them. I will definitely be checking out this movie when it comes out, I really enjoyed Dark Knight and even though this won't be as good it should still be a great ending to the latest trilogy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How do you know it won't be as good if it has not even come out yet?

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
It won't be as good cause it doesn't have Joker in it. That automatically downgrades any Batman movie by 1 point.

But I do expect this to be a good movie, hopefully she's good in the role. Not familiar with her work, I'm pretty well in the dark when it comes to a good number of celebrities. Nolan knows what he's doing, though. He's been a miracle for the Batman film franchise so I can't question his decisions.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree. Just to fill you in Anne Hathaway started out in teenage girls movies and light harted comendies, and always seemed to have a charming prensce and good comic timing, the question was good she ever been more than that and show more range. Well she has done a greater range of roles such as parts in the likes of Brokeback Mountain, Rachel Getting Married (for which she was Oscar nominated), Alice in Wonderland and One Day, and for the most part has has come out a much stronger actress. This maybe her biggest test to date.

I think it could be as good as the Dark Knight. I really liked that film, but it did have flaws. For me Nolan's first Batman film was his best to date and is actually my favourite ever.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To fill you in more apporpriately in between those Teen Girl movies and light harted comedies she was flashing her tits in half a dozen things. I've never really seen her do anything that has deep emotion in it so we'll see.

As far as the whole joker thing. Heath Ledger as the Joker was overrated because he died.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Thanks for the fill in.

As far as Ledger's Joker, sure, it was overrated because he died, but that shouldn't take away from him. Nobody will ever touch Mark Hamill as Joker, ever, but it was still an amazing performance for what they were trying to do with the character. I did have a few gripes with it. I didn't think that he laughed nearly enough, or used enough sadistic comedy. That type of thing is paramount to the Joker. There were elements of it but not enough. That's what made Jack's Joker so good, he blended in complete and utter psychosis with the comedy elements. That was a more traditional take on the character, whereas Ledger's was a realistic feel, but it was a groundbreaking performance, and he would've gotten the Oscar if he was alive or not, his death simply sealed it. Even other actors were saying give him the Oscar before he died when they went to pre-release screenings.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I still think even if Ledger didn't die that the performance would still be highly regarded. Greatest of all time status like some have given probably not but I don't think it's purely because he died that its such rave reviews he just flat out did an amazing job as the joker esp since for him it was something way out of the box from other stuff he did.

But anyways as far as this topic goes I remember seeing her in something but I forget so don't know about her acting skills. She looks good for the role just hope she doesn't try to simply get by on just that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It was good but I don't consider it Oscar worthy. Though Cuba Gooding Jr. has one so I guess Heath can too.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I think it was definately Oscar worthy, but the thing you have to keep in mind with the Academy is that it all depends on what's come out in the last year. Certain performances that were worthy of winning haven't won simply because there was a better one that year, whereas if it was another year it would've taken it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually looked back at who was nominated against him and that really was the best choice, I must have been thinking it was a different year.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I guess it's ok. It will have to do I guess. They should have went a different route with it. It's not original. She looks too much like Black Widow from Iron Man 2 and The Avengers movie.