Angle as champion: good or bad?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Yeah, when you have Samoa Joe as champion, people who watch WWE see him as champion adn think "who the hell is that?" but if you have Kurt Angle as champ, someone who never watched TNA before will be interested to see where he is now in wrestling and TNA get an extra fan, whicch means more ppv buyrates.

SenDog495

Reaction score
I agree that TNA could get some more viewers with Kurt as their champion. Kurt as World Champion is no doubt in my mind a good thing and it makes me look even forward to TNA's Pay-Per-Views. I would not be dissapointed though at all if he loses the TNA World Title to Double J instead of Joe, but I am going to try to enjoy Kurt's current title reign while it lasts.

Disraeli

Reaction score
Had not the NWAs departure happened, I would have said that Angle shouldn't have had the title, but, as it is, it is a good thing. This is after all the first TNA Heavyweight Title Reign and it needs all the prestige it can get. Joe would have deserved it more and Christian is in my opinion better champion, but to get a new title prestige Kurt's name is very important. He is name known through out the world, he has had several world title reigns and is appreciated by both internet and regular fans. He is the man to give the title credibility by defending it and the next impact seems to be a good start. It is unfortunate that he is in such a bad state physically and isn't in his top form anymore as he was when those mentioned benoit and Brock feuds were going on, but he still is better than most men. Now it is really up to the bookers to find a way for him to keep the title long enough and keep it interesting as IMO a long reign is needed and good solid build up before this possible Joe-confrontation. This is a great opportunity for TNA, hope they don't blew it...