Anderson Silva Calls Ed Soares 'Unprofessional' and Hints at Possible Split

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
d684a5f1d6d18e9647b504aaaaf15048_XL_large.jpg
Anderson Silva and manager Ed Soares don't quite seem to be on the same page lately and it appears that the possible issues are growing. Black House posted a photo on their website of Soares joking around with Silva's biggest rival, Chael Sonnen.

Silva took to Brazilian television show Tela Nitilda to address the situation (transcription via Fighters Only Magazine):

"Unfortunately my manager is American, he speaks Portuguese but he is American. But I'm putting myself as a Brazilian... Whether you are in the UFC or not, when I'm outside my country i'm going to represent my country well and I think everyone has to position himself in the right way,"

"His position was not good, was not cool, as a manager he needed to have a more professional attitude. He was not professional and I don't know why... I think it was not cool. But everyone knows what's best, he is a grown man and he is going to deal with the backlash of what he did."

"First thing is that nobody can talk for me except myself. Second is that I don't have a contract with anybody, except with Nine9 and my sponsors, so anything can happen,"

We're not far removed from Silva denying his manager's statements that he would be retiring from the sport after roughly four more fights. It's not a good thing for Soares to see Silva saying that Ed will have to deal with backlash and making it public that he has no contract.

We'll see where this ends up going, but it's not as though there is a shortage of managers who would love to take over the career of Anderson Silva.