...And so Roode is the latest victim.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
You can't expect the guy to be given title shots or big rivalries straight away. Yes he's a good wrestler and was top form in NXT but in kayfabe sake this is now the main roster with the likes of other great superstars. It's very rare to see NXT men/woman go to the top straight away, when they do, they end up like Paige/Finn/Shinsuke. Only person that's succeeded and is doing great is KO

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
To add onto my comment. They want to exposure him a lot more before becoming a top contender in the industry, hitting him at the top straight away burns him out as a character and people begin to get bored and then dislike him... AKA Roman Reigns

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Good to see a new threadmaker around here!!!

They really hurt the guy night 1 when someone had the bright idea to make him a baby face lol, Roode should never be a babyface. It makes as much sense as knowing how the Revival is known as the best tag team in the world, so they call them up as babyfaces even though their tag work is known for being perfect at making their opponents shine.

Yes this hurt, if you're having 50/50 feuds with the second most dead character on the roster it doesn't make you look good. Hell if you look at his career so far compared with Mike Bennett it's strikingly similar (too early? Yeah)

Could be be repaired? Yeah. Easily. He could easily become Mr. MITB later next year and turn heel that way (a la CM Punk) and really it doesn't even take that. But this loss sent the signal that Roode is a midcarder, a filler character used to fill up hour 1 while you wait for the people who actually matter come out. And that's a tough stigma to overcome when the fan base has no patience for WWE's booking anymore

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I thought the reason he was brought to SmackDown instead of Raw was to keep him from Vince? Because, if you think about it, most of the NXT guys that go to RAW, they usually end up lost in the shuffle. Finn was a main-eventer in NXT, yet he's stuck in a midcard feud with Bray. Samoa Joe and Big Cass are the only ones that haven't been put in dead feuds, but they're both on the shelf.

He was so great in NXT, and I want to know why they're wasting his talents in a lame ass feud. Don't get me wrong, Ziggler is a workhorse in his own right, but it's not 2013, he's on his way out of the company.. really don't see why out of all the people they could put him in a feud with, it's him.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Bobby Roode will be fine. He weathered the shitty booking of TNA, he'll weather this. He just got pinned by Ziggler for storyline reasons. Ziggler recently did a shoot on Roode over "technicaly." He just did the same shit, and now its back to square one.

Roode will be just fine.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Roode gonna takeover! Just you wait, it'll be ... GLORIOUS!!

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Giggityfish80

The Showoff
Reaction score
WWE is put in a corner if they push him too slow WWE are shit, if they hand him a title his first night people would be quick to complain. Why can't people just ENJOY what they see why nitpick every single damn thing that happens

JBan

Reaction score
I personally don't see Roode getting farther than a midcard title run. But who knows, he might get farther. If they convert him back to a heel, I could see him getting farther considering WWE is short on good heels right now.