Amiga 500 - a legend with faults

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Of all the home computers of its time, the Amiga 500 was surely one of the most advanced. Its sound system was the most advanced and it allowed the movie licensed titles to add small pieces of the cinematic from the movies they were based on. Youtube is chock full of videos pertaining to the games of said computer and I must say I would've loved to have owned one back in the day.

I do want to say, though, that the film licensed games did contain content that didn't reflect very much of the films they were based on. For example, Terminator 2 had the following inconsistencies that made the game look damned strange...

• Uncle Bob (the Terminator sent to protect John) used the pistol that the Terminator in the first film used in a beat em up style mode. He used karate, including an impossible to execute side kick without twisting his body and could make the T-1000 revert to a liquid state with only a few well placed hits or one shot from his pistol. Both he and the T-1000 approach each other at close range with completely stiff front legs.
  • Uncle Bob used the grenade launcher to fire non-explosive projectiles at the swat team members in a side scrolling level.
The T-1000 could be ultimately defeated in one final fight, with the same punches and kicks used to defeat it before, this time falling apart.

Now, would someone please tell me why the Amiga 500 made a game with such peculiar, (not to mention unrealistic), physics?

Last edited: