Ambrose Needs A Better Finisher

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The Headlock Driver is a pretty decent move, but as a finishing maneuver, it seems odd to me and lacks a bit of "oomph." If you had the power to give Dean Ambrose a new finishing move - assuming that you would even give him a new finishing move - what would it be? I vote for resurrecting Jake Roberts' DDT. I love the way Roberts could grab an opponent out of nowhere and take them down head first with the DDT, similar to the Diamond Cutter and RKO. That kind of move imo would fit Ambrose's character to a T, seeing as how he's supposed to be this crazed-lunatic who can strike at any moment (backstage sneak attacks and whatnot), and the notion that you won't be getting back up if he can just manage to hook his arm around your head and neck and bring you down into the DDT out of nowhere sort of exemplifies that.

I think a good way of introducing it to the fans and making the first steps to conditioning them to accept it as his new finisher is to have him DDT Seth Rollins onto a pile of cinder blocks. Just using it to drive Rollins' head into a pile of bricks automatically makes the move look devastating, and if he continues to use the move as his finisher from here on out, people will quickly get the picture and follow along.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'd keep it.

Rollins needs a new one though.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Even though he only really adapted the knee trembler for his feud with Regal I'd like to see him use it again:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd keep it.

I love the Curb Stomp, personally. There's so many different ways that move can be used throughout the match out of nowhere. He could set people up for it (complete with him "tuning up the band" by stomping his foot on the mat like Shawn Michaels did since it's his foot that he's preparing to use to put his opponent down) or his opponent could be trying to suplex off the top rope only for Rollins to fight him off, followed by Seth jumping off the top or second rope and hitting the curb stomp right when his fallen opponent is trying to get back to their knees. I get the feeling he'll be repackaged with a new finisher eventually, though.

Even though he only really adapted the knee trembler for his feud with Regal I'd like to see him use it again:

Simple and effective enough, but it's probably too similar to Daniel Bryan's running knee finisher.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I love the Curb Stomp, personally. There's so many different ways that move can be used throughout the match out of nowhere. He could set people up for it (complete with him "tuning up the band" by stomping his foot on the mat like Shawn Michaels did since it's his foot that he's preparing to use to put his opponent down) or his opponent could be trying to suplex off the top rope only for Rollins to fight him off, followed by Seth jumping off the top or second rope and hitting the curb stomp right when his fallen opponent is trying to get back to their knees. I get the feeling he'll be repackaged with a new finisher eventually, though.

Simple and effective enough, but it's probably too similar to Daniel Bryan's running knee finisher.
Rollins will be best suited with a top rope move.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm actually cool with Dirty Deeds, so I wouldn't really change it.

As far as Rollins goes, Curb Stomp is cool. He should also add Avada Kedavra and Skywalker to his signature moves/finishers list, imo.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Personally I think Ambrose's Dirty Deeds is actually pretty good for now.. granted if they managed to create something that they think would work better and tested it and it did have a better reaction then yeah sure swap it out, I don't think it's a priority though.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I hate top rope finishers. They are passe, overdone and extremely vanilla at this point.
The curb stomp stint sexy for main event but let's throw tradition out of the window for now.

I'll take Lock's idea a step further and have Ambrose adopt Sting's inverted DDT.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
How about the nasty boys armpit move? Haven't seen that in be long time. Dean seems dirty enough to pull it off.

JONES1

Jobber
Reaction score
I know it's banned but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of Pile Driver variation, think it would suit him down to the ground.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I know it's banned but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of Pile Driver variation, think it would suit him down to the ground.
If the person take the bump correctly, injuries can be minimized dramatically.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Sami Zayn took a great pile driver at 8:20 in. Notice how he tucks head in.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I'd keep it.

I love curb stomp / blacout. Looks brutal when sold correctly (Not like RVD but like Usos and Ambrose, Big E and Dolph the master salesman)

The inverted suplex thing, now that is not too good.

I like Dirty Deeds but like Lock said it lacks that 'came out of no where' feel to it. One of the things I like about the RKO is that it can pop out of nowhere, like the spot at Summerslam where he nailed it when Reigns went for the superman punch.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I love curb stomp / blacout. Looks brutal when sold correctly (Not like RVD but like Usos and Ambrose, Big E and Dolph the master salesman)

The inverted suplex thing, now that is not too good.

I like Dirty Deeds but like Lock said it lacks that 'came out of no where' feel to it. One of the things I like about the RKO is that it can pop out of nowhere, like the spot at Summerslam where he nailed it when Reigns went for the superman punch.
RVD sells all head finishers like a champ. Like the RKO.