AMA AMA Tag Team Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
AMA Tag Team Championship
Semifinals/Finals

Quarterfinals Winners

Quarterfinals

Sigrid Skógr and Reina Vega v. The Ninth Circle

Quarterfinals

The Northern Touch v. The High Command

Quarterfinals

Mayhem v. The Top Gunrunners

Quarterfinals

Disciples of Humanity v. The Residence

❂ Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, August 30th, 2022.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is a one-night tournament for the tag team championship.

You’ll promo for your matchups here and can address any potential other teams you think you’ll face in the semis and finals. Best promo wins the tournament.

We’re halfway towards deadline. Good luck and Godspeed.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Bryce Montgomery: "Good evening, wrestling fans. I'm Bryce Montgomery, and I'm standing by with the one and only The Ace Max Maverick!"

Max Maverick walks onto the interview set in his wrestling gear and the black leather vest he wears during his entrance. Max's expression says it all. He's fraught with anger and frustration and ready to vent. Bryce is about to begin his interview, but Max throws up his hand before he can speak.

Max Maverick: "First of all, Bruce, it's pronounced THE Ace. There's an emphasis on THE!"

Bryce Montgomery: "It's Bryce."

Max glares at Bryce for trying to correct him.

Max Maverick: "That's what I said, Brance. Secondly, I'm not in the best mood right now, so I wouldn't get smart if I were you. It's bad enough that I must be in this dump in San Antonio, but now I must get your attitude."

Bryce Montgomery: "Well, I'll get right to it then. Would I be correct in guessing that your foul mood would stem from the fact that The Topgunrunners went 0-3 at Under Attack?"

Max is still scowling at Bryce, ready to rip Bryce's head off, but he does his best to resist the urge.

Max Maverick: "You have some nerve, you know that? You bring up the worst night of not only my life but also the worst night of Christopher McMichaels' life and the worst night of Norman's life! To answer your question, my foul mood is due to what went down at Under Attack. We were supposed to dominate that night and run roughshod on AMA. That was supposed to be our night!"

"Instead, that imbecile Brian Zebowski got lucky and got one over on me. He was the start of what wound up being a bad night for us. He started it, and Cali Heyama furthered it when she embarrassed Christopher McMichaels by not only costing him his match but also turning down an offer to join Bloodsport!"

Bryce Montgomery: "My next question has to do with Cali Heyama because later tonight, you'll be teaming with your stablemate, Christopher McMichaels, to take on the team of Cali Heyama and Vampiress, better known as MAYHEM."

Max Maverick: "That wasn't a question, Bruce. That was more like a statement of fact. Yes, Christopher and I will team up to take on MAYHEM, and let me tell you right now that we will wipe the floor with those half-wits!"

Max looks straight into the camera.

Max Maverick: "Cali, I hope you're listening because what I'm about to say is very important. You made the biggest mistake of your miserable life when you turned down the lucrative offer to align yourself with a group of winners like Bloodsport! You could've had it all, but you threw it away. You flushed it down the toilet. Now, you'll pay for what you did. There's no going back now, Cali. You had your chance, and you blew it. You spat in my face, and you embarrassed Christopher, who had your best interests in mind, that's all. You're going to regret this, Cali, mark my words."

"As for your little friend Vampiress, who thinks she's innocent in all of this but just as guilty, and she'll pay too. You two think I'm mad; wait until you see what Christopher has in store for you tonight. Christopher and I are an unstoppable unit. Like I said before, he's the Rooster to my Maverick. I have his back, and he has mine, and tonight we will run through MAYHEM and move in this tag team tournament…you can guarantee it!"

Max shoves the microphone toward Bryce and storms off the set as the scene fades.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
‘The Kommander’ Garrbadgge von Truck walks into the shot, with an unfurled parchment in his hand and coughs to clear throat before beginning to speak.

Garrbadgge Von Truck
This evening I will recite some self written poetry ahead of what will be an evening of grand splendor and victory for the world’s greatest tag team of all time. The High Command! I dedicate this to my great aunt Ethel, who was a recycling bin from Littlehampton.

Von Truck pauses, as a spotlight from above shines down on him as the rest of the entrance ramp is dimmed and the lights are virtually turned off.

Garrbadgge Von Truck
Over yonder a star a prize bird will fly
And crashing against the cliff the oldest fish will die
For all the world is older than the ocean from below
The night sky beckons and for that is where we shall go.

I am but a lone man, but a man with a vision
With two fine chaps at my feet we have a great mission
To charge forward into love’s warm embraces
Before knocking out all of the teeth from our foes’ faces.

But heed my warning and do not be alarmed
Smoke the emerald herb and you will not be harmed
We are both a trio, with might powerful and true
And we have some to beat the holy shit out of you.

There is a sound of manufactured applause that plays over the PA system, as GVT does a very performative and exaggerated bow before all the lights in the ring shut off. There is a pause of about ten seconds, before we cut to a traditional English tea room. The tables are covered with doilies, expensive looking china and of course TRADITIONAL CUCUMBER SANDWICHES. British born Sir Marmaduke Whistle is wearing a tweed suit, whilst Archie Jones is wearing a pair of boardshorts and a vest top and the Australian looks extremely out of place in comparison to his British counterpart.

Archie
G’day G’day G’day - Sir Marmaduke! I didn’t expect to see you in this very tea room that we 100% have booked bumped into each other at the same time.

Archie’s over acting is unbearable, whilst Marmaduke seems to be confused by this line.

Marmaduke
This wasn’t in the script.

Archie
Just say you’re line, so we can get this racket over sport.

Marmaduke
Oh dear boy! Fancy a spot of tea, what what?

Archie
Don’t mind if I do. I enjoy myself a good cuppa after a day of cricket.

Marmaduke
We don’t talk about cricket, you know the rules!

Archie
Pretty sure when you win the Ashes you can say whatever you want my old mucker! Anyway I think we need to tell these random civilians just exactly what we intend to do this coming week. We are after all the best tag team that has ever existed. Our brilliance is known far and wide?

Marmaduke
I must agree, old boy. I must agree. We bring finesse and grace to the ring. We move like a majestic lion. We are flawless in our procedure.

Archie
And after a couple of tinnies we will be smashing chairs and flipping these fools like a pair of Pancakes and it's not even Easter time.

Marmaduke
Are you sure? I am sure it is close to that time for you.

Archie
The timeline is confusing. Just pop an aspirin and don't think too hard about it.

Marmaduke
And after all of that drinks! We must pop the champers! Because I dare say, there is an artistry to how we wrestle - and if you think of what we did to that Burger Boy I would say Mozart would be proud because we controlled chaos like a mad conductor for a blind orchestra!

Archie
STREWTH! You Pom bastard! You even know how to make smashing faces sound posh.

Marmaduke
Well one does strive to maintain a high level of sophistication and decorum at all times, even when one finds themselves battling in the toughest of arenas and tonight we truly shall be fighting for all the jewels and gems that come with this pro wrestling.

Archie
And tonight at the Royal Rumble..

Marmaduke
It isn’t called that sport.

Archie
And tonight at All In…

Marmaduke
It isn’t called that either.

Archie
And tonight at NWA 75…

Marmaduke
…and tonight at It Takes Two! You will bear witness to The High Command greatest performance.

Archie
Because even if we lose.

Marmaduke
We still win!

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
[The camera pans over to the backstage area, where the atmosphere is charged with anticipation. Reina Vega stands tall, donning her iconic luchador mask and cape, exuding an aura of confidence and determination. She's ready to deliver a captivating promo.]

Reina Vega: (with fiery passion) ¡Hola, amigos y amigas! Tonight, it's not just another match; it's a dance of destiny! I stand here, Reina Vega, the luchadora extraordinaire, and alongside the fierce Sigrid Skógr, we're ready to take on The Ninth Circle!

[The camera captures the intensity in Reina's eyes as she continues.]

Reina Vega: (translating) The Ninth Circle, you've pushed us to the limit, but you've never faced the likes of us before. We're not just here to compete; we're here to steal the show, to make history, and to show the world why the wolf will reign supreme!

[Reina raises her hand high, emphasizing the lone wolf symbol on her glove.]

Reina Vega: (with a sly grin) The Ninth Circle, you may have tried to surround us, but like a lone wolf in the night, we're ready to strike! ¡Listos para luchar!

[Reina's voice grows even more intense as she recalls her luchador past.]

Reina Vega: (reflecting) I've fought in the squared circle all over the world, from the bustling arenas of Mexico to the grand stages of Japan. But tonight, I add another chapter to my legacy, right here, in the heart of this ring!

[The camera captures Reina's luchador mask, adorned with intricate designs.]

Reina Vega: (pointing to her mask) This mask, it's not just an accessory; it's my identity, my legacy, and my spirit! And tonight, it will bear witness to the triumph that awaits us, the triumph of Reina Vega and Sigrid Skógr!

[Reina Vega's words resonate with the crowd as she continues to fire up the audience.]

Reina Vega: (with unwavering determination) The Ninth Circle, prepare to be surrounded by a storm of power, and when the dust settles, you'll know that you've faced the best! ¡Vamos a luchar hasta el final!

[Reina Vega stands tall, her cape flowing behind her, and the camera slowly zooms out, capturing the essence of her fierce determination.]

Reina Vega: Sigrid Skógr and I, we're not just here to win the tag team championship eliminator; we're here to prove that we are the alpha wolves of this division. The Ninth Circle, your reckoning is upon you, and tonight, the wolf will reign supreme!

[The camera fades out, leaving the audience electrified and eager to witness the tag team championship eliminator match, where Reina Vega and Sigrid Skógr vow to write their names in the annals of wrestling history.]