Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
about how over certain Superstars are? That's one thing I definitely don't miss about being on forums; seeing people relentlessly bicker about who gets what kind of crowd response. I don't know about all of you, but this is what I do when I watch wrestling. I sit in front of my TV, and when the people who entertain me come on, I sit and I enjoy them. I don't take mental notes or compare and contrast the differences in Superstars' crowd responses. I watch the show with zero intention of going on a message board later that night and saying something like "You are Blue if you didn't notice the slight decibel increase in Ziggler's entrance!" I don't get why people are so obsessed with this aspect of the business. I mean sure, crowd response dictates who gets pushed and who doesn't to an extent, but not always. Besides, what good is it going to do you to pay attention to that? Why, so you can make a case for why your favorite guy deserves a push?

I just think that more people need to realize that we don't know all the reasoning that goes into who gets pushed and who doesn't. So, saying that someone deserves a push or needs to drop a belt because of the reactions they get is a little presumptuous. Just watch the damn show. I'm not even entirely convinced that crowd responses are that easy to tell the difference between. I think chants are noticeable, and huge Stone Cold during the Attitude Era type responses are noticeable. Besides that, I think a lot of people's assessments of Superstars being over or not are either fabricated or exaggerated.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's not the be all and end all for me, but it is pretty important. There's nothing better than a lively crowd cheering and booing people from the top of the card, all the way down to the bottom and it makes the matches that much better imo. Don't get me wrong, I generally enjoy watching the midcard guys just wrestle for example, but there's nothing worse than seeing Bryan/Gabriel/Tyson/Cody/Dolph etc etc get virtually zero reactions at all.

Surely they should take more of a note than not to crowd reactions so they know what the people want. Obviously there's numerous other factors to take into account, but if someone like Ryder for example (who I despise) is getting regular fan support and nothing done with him, while they're investing continious time into other guys without any noticable payback, surely they should hear those fans and give it a try? Obviously there is going to be times where they acknowledge what the fans want, but have to put it to one side as they have other storyline plans or want to get someone over. Basically and this is going to sound somewhat contradictory, I'd like to see them start pulling the trigger on guys when they're hot instead of all the stop start bullshit we're used to seeing them do which just just totally kills guys.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I'm a fan of somebody I'm a fan of them regardless of what the crowd may think about him or her. Same time I do want my favorites to get the best reaction they can because if they are over it means they will keep getting pushed or will in due time if it keeps up. Plus the crowd if lively can take a good match to the next level. Punk/Cena for example wouldn't have been the same had the crowd not been loud as fuck. So it matters to me to an extent.

liamjr24

Reaction score
I'm not bothered what 60-85% of the in-house WWE audience pops for...because most of them are idiots.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it makes for good discussion online if you are talking with at least half-way intelligent wrestling fans. There are many stars I want to see succeed. Who I want pushed, who I want to see de-pushed... but really I don't care much about fan reactions on the shows and I don't even let them effect my match ratings like most people do. I usually watch just like you BTW just enjoy what I can and I find it easier to watch than constantly complaining about stuff I can't control. Some things I will argue you about like the Sin Cara fiasco. I just think having the ability to discuss this with fellow fans about this certain topic adds a lot.

Now talking about ratings on the other hand is completely useless when it comes posting online.

Onyx

Reaction score
I definitely get where BreakTheWalls is coming from. I personally say fuck the crowd. Because I am on your side, when I see my favourite wrestler(s) makes an entrance. I just enjoy the fact that I get to see him/her perform and hope that he/she gets a few chants (because I give them chants) or a good performance (unlike when WWE makes them job).

I'm going to give 2 examples:
1. Like it pisses me off that these new fans doesn't respect guys like Chavo Guerrero whenever he use to come out and perform. Because these PG Era fans doesn't know a bloody thing about Professional Wrestling like us long term WWE fans (like myself) do. Chavo Guerrero was actually one of the few guys the stayed in WWE who could actually wrestle. But instead, WWE had him job and put over wrestlers, that didn't deserve to put over. So I am actually glad that Chavo decided to leave the corrupted and mega-watered company that we now know as just WWE. -_-"

2. In March 2011, one of my favourite superstars from the Attitude Era made a one time return during the Michael Cole & Jerry "The King" Lawler feuds. And that Attitude Era superstar is Grandmaster Sexay! Grandmaster Sexay wasn't the most popular superstar in the Attitude Era as a singles competitor. But "Grandmaster Sexay" Brian Christopher was indeed one of the most Popular Superstars in the Tag Team Division in the mist of the Attitude Era of the WWF/WWE at that time long side his partner Scotty 2 Hotty. And the point I am getting at is, is that it upsets me that he got no response from the PG fans when he returned this March for a special appearance. I went fucking mental when I heard "Turn It Up" lol. But it saddens me that WWE fans of the PG Era are so ignorant on the History of the Superstars of yesteryear in the WWE.