Am I the only one that is not liking the way Ronda Rousey is being booked in the WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of Ronda Rousey as an MMA fighter, I'm also not one of those Rousey haters who have been blindly hating and overblowing non-stop vitriol against her since her 2 MMA losses. I honestly don't like the way Rousey is being booked by the WWE, getting thrown into the WWE main events way too soon and already squashing female wrestling vets during all of her run-ins with not too much build-ups with her and all with the same predictable wrestling move-sets(Judo throws, not-so-good Samoan Drops, and Armbars). I feel like Ronda was being thrown into the wolves way too soon without enough wrestling training.

Yes, I get that Ronda Rousey supposedly helps the WWE draw a bit more audience and money with her mainstream popularity alone, just by simply making appearances but still, I don't like seeing Ronda taking all the spotlight away from the entire women's division all the time, especially with very limited wrestling move sets she currently has.

I'm not against Rousey being a WWE pro wrestler at all, just that she should at least gain some more training for pro wrestling while the WWE books her better by building/working her way up, instead of making the WWE women's division very one-sided and even more boring than it already is by having Rousey unfairly squash all the female wrestling vets who've been in the wrestling industry for a long time and worked so hard to be where they're at right now. Also, they should change her sh*tty entrance music with something much better.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't like women's MMA at all so I was never a fan of her's in that but I think they can be booking her a lot better.
She is suposta be booked like someone that can draw but she is being booked like someone who got called up from NXT too soon.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But I thought this section was for pictures of pretty ladies...not discussions about them.

This thread belongs in the General WWE section.
Ehhh. I guess this isn't about appreciating female wrestlers so I shall move it.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
On the topic...I think they're doing okay so far.

I mean I'd rather Ronda be a heel & booked
the same way Shayna Baszler is in NXT...
but I can understand why the WWE (& Ronda)
wanted her to be booked as a babyface.

I'm still waiting for her to have a 1 on 1 match
with a proper female wrestler but that will
happen...eventually.

They have to tread lightly though...they
don't want the "Reigns Effect" to kick in.