• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alrighty Then

WarMachine

So Sting vs Mick Foley For the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Lockdown huh?. So I'm pretty sure we all saw this coming it was just a matter of when would it happen. So what are your thoughts on this BIG "Main Event"?.

I personally think it's not wise I mean I highly doubt Mick Foley is going to take the strap, therefore having the match and wasting a ME that you could of had a younger guy challenge for is just stupid to me. They need to get off of some of these older guys running the show, I mean Angle is still good I think Sting can still put on good shows and Booker is good aswell but guys like Nash, Steiner, and Foley need to get out of the picture, I know it's all been said before but TNA needs to let the youger guys start taking over.

xX???Xx

So Sting vs Mick Foley For the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Lockdown huh?. So I'm pretty sure we all saw this coming it was just a matter of when would it happen. So what are your thoughts on this BIG "Main Event"?.

I personally think it's not wise I mean I highly doubt Mick Foley is going to take the strap, therefore having the match and wasting a ME that you could of had a younger guy challenge for is just stupid to me. They need to get off of some of these older guys running the show, I mean Angle is still good I think Sting can still put on good shows and Booker is good aswell but guys like Nash, Steiner, and Foley need to get out of the picture, I know it's all been said before but TNA needs to let the youger guys start taking over.

I completely agree all the X divison stars like the guns and hernandez and homicide should be main eventing, and they may be forced to since Ive heard Sting going to WWE when his contract expires and Kurt might do the same. This might be a long shot but I also think Team 3D will return to WWE this year. If they lose those guys Nash and Steiner dont have much more in them, so guys like Styles and Daniels and Joe will have to start running TNA

Mr.Enigma

I completely agree all the X divison stars like the guns and hernandez and homicide should be main eventing, and they may be forced to since Ive heard Sting going to WWE when his contract expires and Kurt might do the same. This might be a long shot but I also think Team 3D will return to WWE this year. If they lose those guys Nash and Steiner dont have much more in them, so guys like Styles and Daniels and Joe will have to start running TNA

Wait a minute. I have heard some weird things, even the question mark in your name (which I solved lol) but Sting going to WWE once his TNA contract expires!?! Where in the world did you hear that one? Sting among anyone stated himself that he would never do WWE. I could be wrong and things could have changed, but please, I need some more information on that one.

phantomgerald

The only two guys that are young and deserve to main event is Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. You can make a case for MCMG or LAX, but I can guarantee you if they do main event, the whole IWC will turn on them months after they win the belt. Let's face it, they don't have the charisma of a Foley, or Sting or even Nash that would make a feud seem real and interesting. Yes they are decent, but do they possess the aura around them that these veterans have, the answer is no. Sure Foley is going to lose, but what if we see a giant fall from the top of the cage, won't you want to see that.

Double J

Sure Foley is going to lose, but what if we see a giant fall from the top of the cage, won't you want to see that.

Only if it kills him.....

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

I understand the storyline and why Sting is fighting Foley, but uhh what exactly did Foley do to get a title shot? I mean I know he's not going to win, but seriously why even make it a title match?

I swear if Sting knocks Foley off the top of the cage and he goes through a table I'm going to be pissed....*coughs*Unless he doesn't get up....I know it's been done numerous times since the Undertaker/Mankind match, but that match is etched in wrestling history now and just redoing it would just be stupid.

Also I've heard numerous times that Kurt would go back to WWE in a heartbeat and I've heard small rumors of Team 3D going back even though they're somewhat happey with TNA's work load, but all the interviews I've seen with Sting was him saying he doesn't want to work for Vince since he feels it'd be a waste of his time.

Do I think it'd be cool to see Sting as WWE Champion? Yeah, it'd be interesting to see him fight people like Shawn Michaels and Cena, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

JurassicBonez

I understand the storyline and why Sting is fighting Foley, but uhh what exactly did Foley do to get a title shot? I mean I know he's not going to win, but seriously why even make it a title match?

I personally think it's not wise I mean I highly doubt Mick Foley is going to take the strap, therefore having the match and wasting a ME that you could of had a younger guy challenge for is just stupid to me.

So just because someone isn't going to win the title in a title match, they shouldn't challenge for it? So pretty much in every title match, you want a title change? That's dumb. Foley keeps attacking Sting, that's why he's in the title match. Foley didn't challenge him for it, Sting told him when they fight it's for the title.

Double J

I'm not saying there has to be a title change every match, but last time I remember being #1 Contender meant you did something to get yourself that spot. I don't remember turning on someone once automatically gives you a title shot.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Number one contender works when it's believable. I don't think anybody can really believe that Mick Foley has any chance of winning the title. Although since it's TNA Mick Foley will probably end up winning.

WarMachine

No, I don't want the title to change hands every time but like spiralshock said can anybody actually think Foley is going to win? Therefore I think it's dumb and a waste of a ME.... you should have some doubt when it comes to a match who's gunna walk away with the belt, yeah sure we all have ideas on who's gunna win and sometimes it's more predictable then others.... this one I don't know anybody thinking Foley is going to win.

Travis40

Number one contender works when it's believable. I don't think anybody can really believe that Mick Foley has any chance of winning the title. Although since it's TNA Mick Foley will probably end up winning.

I think somehow the MEM is going to keep Foley from winning the title until.....Shark Boy comes out and cleans house with stunners all around! Shark Boy hits the stunner on Sting, and Foley wins!

:g: I feel that I've seen that before

therazar

I don't think its necessarily a bad main event. This "adds to the list" of people Sting will have beaten. I see Sting dropping the belt at Slamiversary to someone like Angle or Joe.

Mr.Carter

I doubt Foley will win but after this match, whenever Sting has a title defense against someone else, Foley will cost him the match and the title. I really want them to keep pushing Homicide and Hernandez, those two are really great and can be so much more than they already are.

joshmarange

They seriously should just let somebody challenge Sting for the belt that we actually faintly believe will win it. And with Foley in the match as gay as the finishes are to the TNA matches this PPV is going to be hurtful to watch.

Jaybsty

What I want to know about TNA is where is Hernanadez rematch? he fucking owned Sting last time they wrestled until MEM intervened. Fuck foley. He is gay and I would bite his hand off if he stuck it in my mouth.

The only reason Foley is Number 1 contender is because he is old, got the 'Star Power' and he is the Main Shareholder which means he can do what he wants........