All Time Favorite Video Game Title or Series?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well there's plenty of solid picks to choose from and not everyone is the same. Given those facts; What is your favorite Video Game title or even series as a whole?

Follow-up question: Why is that your choice?

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I won't waste more time fanboying over Assassin's Creed on this site so I'll go with my second favorite:

Resident Evil, some of my first gaming memories come from me watching my cousin play through the entirety of RE4. The first game I completed was RE5 which while I understand it was not necessarily the best RE game I found it fun as hell. Then I back tracked to RE4 ( HD remaster on Xbox360) and fell in love with it. More recently I've got to play the first game ( REmakeHD) and RE0. Can't wait for the Remake of Resi' 2. Resi' 7 is currently the only game I'm looking forward to next year.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
GTA (San Andreas in particular, GTA Vice City and then GTA 5 coming in a close third in the series)

Sleeping Dogs - I love this game, I've finished it on PS3, then on PC and then now recently on Xbox. The gameplay is fun (the driving is crap though) and the story is still amazing.

Assassin's Creed - Ezio's storyline was just amazing, 3 was meh but they got it back with Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate. All fun games.

Monkey Island also deserves honorary mention, Sid Meier's Pirates too!

I know thats more than one, but that's basically my top 5.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Uncharted - Every game has been great.. the action scenes, FMV, voice acting.. top notch game series.

Final Fantasy - I'm a RPG fan over any other genre.. FF has grown into the best RPG franchise in history.. from the NES classic that started it all to the groundbreaking FF7 to the mediocre but still good PS2 and PS3 offerings. I haven't playing FFXV yet but I'm getting a PS4 in March and it's the first title I'm buying.

Dragon Warrior/Quest - Another great RPG series, more cartoonish but still very entertaining.

Legend of Zelda - There hasn't been a single title in this franchise that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. I love Link as a character and believe he's one of the top 3 video game characters of all time.

Metroid - I'm not really into FPS so the newer Metroids, from Gamecube on, I've never really played, but I loved the NES original, the Gameboy sequel, and the SNES sequel.. all very enjoyable and difficult.

Dragon Age - I've enjoyed all 3 games so far, love the idea of the game changing based on decisions made. Great series.

World of Warcraft - I have always loved playing WoW.. there have been some terrible expansions and some great ones, but no other game ever produces the camaraderie that WoW does.. it's just so much fun!

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
DK_Country_2.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 2 easily makes my top 5 games. I played it so much as a kid. It was just a simple side scroller with beautiful music.
Like, if the game came out tomorrow for the first time, same graphics and all, I'd buy it and play it. I feel like music was always a factor in to my gaming choices as a kid.

Also, worth mentioning... I enjoyed Mortal Kombat - Though my brother used to tell me I was a girl and wasn't a loud to like it. :dawg:

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
DK_Country_2.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 2 easily makes my top 5 games. I played it so much as a kid. It was just a simple side scroller with beautiful music.
Like, if the game came out tomorrow for the first time, same graphics and all, I'd buy it and play it. I feel like music was always a factor in to my gaming choices as a kid.

Loved me the Donkey Kong side scrollers. This one especially, my brother and I used to play this like crack when we were little.. our parents definitely should've made us go outside more lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Loved me the Donkey Kong side scrollers. This one especially, my brother and I used to play this like crack when we were little.. our parents definitely should've made us go outside more lol.
Yeah I was quite the DK addict myself. As much as I did play video games, I seemingly spent a lot of time outside... I think this was due to the fact that we had out own little "game" room and my brother and I would fight over the consoles LOL Needless to say, he won more. haha

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
My all time favorite game and series is Dragon Quest/Warrior. I was pretty young when the original game was released on the original Nintendo but I got it and I absolutely loved it. It is still my favorite game of all time. I enjoy the earlier titles over the more recent ones though.

Other than that, I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy all the way up to 10. I got the original Final Fantasy when it was first released in the US and I spent so much time playing that game. I've enjoyed the entire series up until 12, when they royally screwed up the battle system. In addition, I just couldn't get into 13 because it played like an extended training area. I'll probably go back and play it again some time, but 1-10, I think, were great.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
For me, the vote for favorite series ever has to be Fallout.

I've always loved post-apocalyptic settings (think Mad Max), so when I first saw Fallout 3 I knew I was gonna be interested in that game. Playing in the wastelands of society 200 years after nuclear war, what's not to love? I got Fallout 3 the day it came out, and sunk many, many hours into it. Because of how much I loved that game, in addition to reading various bits of lore in the game that refer to things happening before the events of the game, I did my research and later got my hands on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, and loved those games honestly more than Fallout 3. I played those games to death, and had a different experience with all of them each time, siding with different people and factions each time. Of course I got Fallout New Vegas at launch as well and vastly preferred it to Fallout 3. Top notch writing in that game from a lot of the same people that wrote for the first two Fallout games. I loved how the games were role-playing games first with some shooter elements mixed in there. Then comes Fallout 4, a complete dumbing down of the series, stripping most of the RPG elements out and leaving us with a shooter that has some RPG elements tacked on so it'll "feel like Fallout". That's not to say I didn't put a lot of hours into Fallout 4, seeing as I'm going back and doing the DLC on my first ever character, but it still wasn't the same.

I can talk about Fallout for hours and hours, I know more than one person probably should about the Fallout series as a whole and lore of all the games. It's safe to say the only game that ever comes close to matching or exceeding the hours I've spend playing Fallout games is probably World of Warcraft. Ended up playing that game for about 9 years or so, the only time I ever unsubscribed was to play the Star Wars MMO that came out, get disappointed with it in about 2 months, and then immediately resubbed to WoW.

Some runner ups would probably be Final Fantasy series, which I've also spent an insane amount of hours playing. I have played every numbered one except for XII and XIV (the MMOs), XII I didn't play because I was subbed to WoW at the time, and XIV I don't currently play due to just being so burned out on MMOs in general. I also have yet to play XV, I heard there was some free story stuff coming out for it so I'm probably gonna wait for that to happen. I've played a ton of Disgaea games, Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games, pretty much every Rockstar game out there. The Dark Souls series are another one for me, I started with Demon's Souls back on PS3 and have played every single one and loved them to death.

For a standalone game experience, as in a game that is not part of a series or received a sequel, my hands down favorite is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's based on a tabletop RPG that came out in I believe 1991, and is a great experience anyone who considers themselves to be a RPG fan needs to play.

Basically this topic taught me that whenever gaming is brought up, I'm going to type a novel. Gaming is my favorite hobby and a huge passion of mine, what can I say?

Last edited:

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Final Fantasy for me, those games were the bedrock for my gaming taste and preference in Role Playing Games. X was the first game I played and its tied for my favorite, the music, story, visuals, gameplay I love all of it, well except for the powering the celestial weapons, that part of the game can die. IV probably has my favorite story in the entire series, VI has my all time favorite cast with so many good characters, I fucking adore Final Fantasy Tactics. Basically Final Fantasy is the series that I will forever love no matter what kind of stupid bullshit the series has to endure (All The Bravest, Spirits Within) and I would say its my favorite RPG series if it weren't for the fact my two other favorites series are Fallout and Souls. Fallout probably has my favorite atmosphere in any video game ever, with this pulpy 50's style world mixed with a ravaged, apocalyptic setting. And the Souls series having my favorite combat system in any game and some amazing level design and lore to them. I still consider Final Fantasy my favorite out of the three, purely out of nostalgia, and how just how I'm so used to the series, playing through most of the main series games and a couple of spin-offs.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
KOTOR series
Fable series
The Last of Us
MGS3, the rest suck.
Halo 1-3
Ass Creed 1-3(even though Connor was meh, Black Flag is GARBAGE)

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Guess I should mention Witcher 3 as well, since it's the only game I spent quad digits in hours wise.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Monkey Island also deserves honorary mention, Sid Meier's Pirates too!

Hell yeah, nice to see that mentioned.
As for my pick. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is the greatest game of all time. By far.

My other mentions:

Donkey Kong Country 2
Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
NHL -Because Canada, and NHL 2003 was my first ever game.

Sly Cooper - Good memories on the PS2

Pokemon -
441594-pokemon-025-pikachu-really-cute-pikachu.jpg

The WWE series when I was able to play it.

Just a few off the top of my head. Would be playing more, but with no next gen console and a boo-hoo laptop for running games other than Minecraft... :(

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well I never gave my favorite series so here it goes.. This would be my list of favorite series if I had to narrow it down to five.

Grand Theft Auto
Final Fantasy
Crash Bandicoot
Zelda
Sonic the Hedgehog

If I had to pick a favorite and this would be accounting everything as a whole involving the series I would say Sonic tops my list w/ Final Fantasy a close second.