All Things Avenged Sevenfold with Boondocks.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Boondocks

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a BIG Avenged Sevenfold fan, to the point that I'm getting a tattoo of their logo when time and money aren't a problem. So I figured I would make a thread for me to review their work, form their days as High School students making a band, to headlining Ozzfest, to dealing with a passed band mate, all the way to present day. so, I'm going to start with their first album, and give it a brief review, since I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Sounding The Seventh Trumpet
26015.jpg

Personally, I don't know much about this album. I listened to it once, and the only song I found halfways pleasing was To End The Rapture. The song, much like the others on the album, are very dark, and heavy. M. Shadows does a lot less singing, and a lot more screaming than most people are probably used too. That being said, the signature sound of their guitars, being played by Zacky Vengance and Synyster Gates, was developed. Syn made a name for himself in the area of shredding, and it got some peoples' attention. The drums, being played by James Sullivan were also recognized as being fast, heavy, and downright good. I personally don't like the album, which is why I only briefly touched on it.

I'm running out of time, which is evident from the short review. Check back some time next week for Waking the Fallen!​