Alex Riley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
Alex Riley is such a mixed bag. He has amazing fire and really great punches (that actually remind me of the Rock's), but unless he is making a comeback, he sucks. He doesn't bump, he won't sell, and he just stands there taking offense and doesn't even try to fight back. Holy shit, he's like Brutus Beefcake. Anyway, if he can't improve in other areas, I'd say at least stick him in a tag team. He'd make a pretty great hot tag.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Alex Riley is such a mixed bag. He has amazing fire and really great punches (that actually remind me of the Rock's), but unless he is making a comeback, he sucks. He doesn't bump, he won't sell, and he just stands there taking offense and doesn't even try to fight back. Holy shit, he's like Brutus Beefcake. Anyway, if he can't improve in other areas, I'd say at least stick him in a tag team. He'd make a pretty great hot tag.

I try to picture him with a belt...and I just can't. I like him a lot and he has a lot of good qualities about him but, man, just can't picture that man with a belt...at least not anytime in the near future. I like how he can get pretty intense with Miz.

LIBERT4D

Reaction score
Cena? I dunno.
Actually, I was paying close attention to him last night (saw Raw live) and he reminded me of The Rock somehow in terms of his in-ring work. Not sure how or why. There was just a moment or two where I thought, "holy shit, I've seen this before." In a good way. And I don't compliment the Rock too often; but credit's given where it's due.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I still am failing to see what people see in this guy. He has a good look, isn't that bad of a mic worker but him as a potential world champion? HELL NO. He is a typical WWE worker, decent, but nothing special IMO, his punches are good (which has been said atleast 5 times) but nothing else is noteworthy, he can't sell, his ring work is very sloppy at times, but he seems to have the machine behind him and it's only a matter of time before he has some kind of championship.

Also, anyone who thinks his overness has anything to do with anything except his feud with The Miz is sadly mistaken. I need to see him remain over after his feud with the Miz runs its course before I say he has any future as a main eventer.

imported_Ant

Reaction score
I like Riley. He has a really great look about him, passable on the mic and is pretty mobile for a big dude. Cant see him holding one of the major belts but definately a US/Tag champ.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I can see the Cena comparisons. He becomes superman, spinebuster (instead of five knuckle shuffle), lame ass finisher (just like the FU) and then the match ends and RIley looks good but shits all over everyone else. Yup I see it.

1chiban

Reaction score
All I can say about Riley is that it's good that someone new is getting over big with the fans lol

straight_edge76

Reaction score
All I can say about Riley is that it's good that someone new is getting over big with the fans lol

Still a little premature to be saying he's the "next big thing" though, anyone who is feuding with one of the top heels in the WWE would get a big pop. I remember Daniel Bryan getting some pretty good pops last year during their feud as well.