• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

News AJ Styles turns down TNA HOF induction

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
TNA is literally the most pathetic promotion ever, with the most delusional fanbase ever. I swear a god Dave Meltzer should be insanely careful when walking down the street these days.
@Testify my brother! For TNA haters, a few of you find this section quite a bit recently. I agree though, it's a joke, Gail Kim or no one.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
- AJ Styles has confirmed on Twitter that he recently turned down a deal to return to TNA as we've been reporting on. A fan on Twitter asked if AJ really hates TNA that bad, referring to why he wouldn't return. AJ replied with the following:

Good to see that AJ handled it like a pro when the questions started piling in

Reactions: CFCrusader

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The TNA Hall of Fame always seemed to me like something Dixie created specifically to snub Jeff Jarrett. I mean, other than announcing the person at Slammiversary and calling them a Hall of Famer, there's nothing else to it. It was created around the time she was limiting what he did on screen and basically trying to erase him from the company. And then to not only add Sting and Kurt Angle (Angle himself said Jarrett should have been inducted before him and considering their history, that is quite the comment) instead of Jarrett and Styles took away any ounce of credibility this "Hall of Fame" could have had. Jeff Jarrett and AJ Styles are the two who gave the most to TNA in its fledgling days and should have been the first two in.

If AJ's declination is because of conflicts with NJPW, then that's understandable. I'd like to think it's on principle as well.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
- AJ Styles has confirmed on Twitter that he recently turned down a deal to return to TNA as we've been reporting on. A fan on Twitter asked if AJ really hates TNA that bad, referring to why he wouldn't return. AJ replied with the following:

Good to see that AJ handled it like a pro when the questions started piling in

"y u h8 us m8? we da numba 2 world wide m8, y u @ indies m8, cum back AJ, to big leagues"

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
AJ is a class act.

But seriously, him not being in the HOF is a big blow for TNA, now hopefully they go for Jarrett. And then Styles next year.

Can't see who they induct past Styles, Jarrett, Tenay and Kim though.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
You see Styles going in at all?
I don't see why not. TNA will probably beg Styles, and eventually he'll probably give in. Possibly whenever he's able to give up a few ROH/NJPW dates. Seeing as how Styles was Mr. TNA, I'm sure he'll give in sooner or later.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't see why not. TNA will probably beg Styles, and eventually he'll probably give in. Possibly whenever he's able to give up a few ROH/NJPW dates. Seeing as how Styles was Mr. TNA, I'm sure he'll give in sooner or later.
Right now I doubt it. As long as he is under contract with New Japan he's not going into no TNA hall of fame. New Japan has heat on TNA after TNA trated them badly during their working relationship and gave a couple of their guys on excursion racist gimmicks.

Besides. Styles seems to have heat with Dixie as well.