AJ Styles on WWE runs n shit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Former TNA star and current IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles recently spoke with Slam Wrestling and mentioned WWE’s stock issues and budget cuts when saying it might not be a good time to go to WWE right now. He said:

“It sure doesn’t seem like the right time to be going to WWE. I think the best place for me right now is New Japan. I’m happy with everything that’s going on there right now.”

Styles also talked about retiring in New Japan:

“At this point, I would be more than happy at some point in my career to just retire from New Japan. The respect that they have shown me … and I’m not talking about being the heavyweight champion … I’m talking about just overall treating me with respect and treating me like a star and trusting me to have great matches with guys I’ve never even been in the ring with. That means a lot to me. I hope that they see that ‘this guy’s going to help us out in the long run … he’s a team player.’ And I’d be more to, when my time comes to retire, to retire from New Japan Pro Wrestling.”

They gotta offer you a job first AJ 8D

Not sure where I should've put this thread, but dude should stay in Japan with his Bullet Club jobbers as WWE already took the good one....Machine Gun will one day get signed too.

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Part of me always really wanted to see Styles go to WWE, but over the last few years that's kind of died away. I think it's too late in his career anyhow... highly doubt WWE would ever consider bringing him in at this point.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I wanted him come over durin' the brand split and take over SmackDown! at one point. Would have been easy to make him a transitional star to Raw but now I think he's lost traction and so has the Bullet Club since they involved Jeff Jarrett. WWE also has Dolph Ziggler who if they used his athleticism right could better fill his role if he'd just slow down and make ONE god damn point at a time.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
AJ has always been someone I respected. He does what he wants. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if WWE has over the years offered him a job. The dude is too talented not to be noticed. It is too late in his career now, although they'd still get some great matches out of him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like AJ in the ring, when he starts talking is when I stop watching, and it's not just promos. He goes full blueberry when he talks politics.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
WWE have a ton of guys just as good, and cheaper.

Big fish in small pond springs to mind.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Gotta admire his balls to stick it to WWE knowing full well that they wouldn't be interested at this point anyway!:adr:

Am guessing than somewhere along the line they have had least considered making AJ an offer, but those days are long gone now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And yet you say someone like Russo is looking for attention when he does the same thing :hm:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
yeah, but I am not saying that AJ isn't looking for attention, just that I find it funny.