AJ Styles Injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
AJ Styles, who is scheduled to headline the TNA Turning Point PPV, wrote on his Twitter account over the weekend that he has an injured ankle. Styles noted that it's "not good" and he hopes to be ready by next Sunday.

AJ Styles posted the following photo of his injured ankle. It looks pretty gruesome: click here for the photo.

It doesn't look good and I don't know how he would work on it if it is seriously injured unless he limps around the ring. Would be a huge loss if he can't make the show considering he is in the mainevent.

If he isn't healed by the PPV who would you have face Roode for the title instead?

Diablo

Reaction score
That doesn't look like a fun time. A terrible time for the injury, especially with Storm on the shelf.

I can see AJ gutting through it with a lot of tape and an injury angle..if anything it'll give Roode an excuse to pick up some cheap heat.

Replacements? Either Rob Van Dam or Samoa Joe seem most logical since it doesn't appear Roode will be dropping the belt anyway.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Apparently Storm still worked a match after his apparent injury I think so he could fill in if needed. Talk about horrible timing though about to get his title shot and this happens and he is usually a injury free guy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that the Storm injury may be a storyline angle rather than a real injury so he could be a replacement. Styles will probably wrestle at the PPV because he wouldn't give up a chance like this but if they had to make a change then it would probably be Storm coming back early. Or they may have Jeff Hardy win his match against JJ and then give him the title shot.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
AJ out? Well, thats sucks a little bit.For me, he´s the best highflyer in TNA. Everytime he´s in the ring it´s fun to watch him. Hope that he makes it Sunday.

Now to a Storm vs Roode match.
Maybe, Storms injury is just a storyline and at Turning Point he´ll get his rematch. Everytime Roode and Storm step in to the ring, they tear down the roof of the arena.Therefor,I hope that Storm will appear at Turning Point. It think that we are going to see better Main Event than We saw at BFG.

Reaction score
It's a shame that AJ Styles has been injured since he's got a big match coming up at Turning Point. Although I do want to see the match obviously I think it'd be best to have a replacement and give AJ the match when he's healed so we can see his full potential. If this was WWE I think there would be a replacement. I just don't think TNA should be letting AJ go out there. James Storm is fine, I would put him in or Jeff hardy would draw more.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This sucks for me, personally. I thought Styles/Roode at Turning Point to stall us from getting to see Storm/Roode again just yet was a great move by TNA in the progression of this feud even if Styles guts it out it won't be the same. It's almost like they have to flip a 180 on booking this and make Roode look like he is taking everyone out to stay on top. That is just typical heel booking at this point, just not exactly what I was hoping for a series of awesome matches or maybe this was the entire plan from the first place. Interesting, nonetheless.